SoundMAGIC PL50 - $49.99 shipped + other SoundMAGIC products :D
Aug 6, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #16 of 27
I'd just go comply if that was the case.

I've placed my order, can't wait to see how they fare against formally-owned nuforce. The mids really bothered me on that phone, and the bass presence was hit or miss (amazing on some tracks, okay to a bit oppressive on others) for since I mix genres up. Can't win everything, but these seem like great all-rounders.

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd just go comply if that was the case.

I've placed my order, can't wait to see how they fare against formally-owned nuforce. The mids really bothered me on that phone, and the bass presence was hit or miss (amazing on some tracks, okay to a bit oppressive on others) for since I mix genres up. Can't win everything, but these seem like great all-rounders.

I actually looked at the nuforce before as well, but they have too large of a profile for me to use them comfortably. But the small size of these look promising.

As for comply, their website doesn't actually list any soundmagic product, so do you happen to know which size of foam to buy?

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #19 of 27
Finally sucked up on the fact that FP is never going to ship it out and ordered a pair from DP. I hope they ship it out soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also ordered a bunch of Kanen earphones, hope they turn out well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by JxK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for comply, their website doesn't actually list any soundmagic product, so do you happen to know which size of foam to buy?

If you are going to order Comply for PL-50, get the one for Westone (P type).

Then again, since those come with PL-50 don't deteriorate like the Comply (which usually only lasts for a few weeks in normal use) and can be cleaned (rinsed and air dried) over and over again, I don't really see why you will need Comply for, unless you find the stock foam uncomfortable or not fitting your earcanal size.

Like the Shure olive, PL-50 stock foam will last for years to come, as long as you take care of it.

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #21 of 27
Yeah focalprice was a mess. My order sat there for like three days. After I asked about it, they told me they couldn't ship it and would refund me. Three days later they seemed confused when I asked where my refund was, and asked why I wanted to cancel. =(.

Aug 7, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #22 of 27
Errr, DP just stocked up on NEW soundmagic products I've never heard of:

SoundMagic Professional In-ear Stereo Earphone Headphone with Mic MP21 Black DealPerfect: Buy Flashlights, Helicopters, Computer Peripherals, iPod Accessories, and Cool Gadgets at DealPerfect Discounts!
SoundMagic Professional In-ear Stereo Earphone Headphone with Mic MP21 White DealPerfect: Buy Flashlights, Helicopters, Computer Peripherals, iPod Accessories, and Cool Gadgets at DealPerfect Discounts!
SoundMagic Professional In-ear Stereo Earphone Headphone with Mic MP21 Pink DealPerfect: Buy Flashlights, Helicopters, Computer Peripherals, iPod Accessories, and Cool Gadgets at DealPerfect Discounts!

Called Soundmagic MP21, comes with mic, in black, pink and white $28

Description:
Product Features
- Compact and portable design
- Professional HIFI earphone, has very good noise cancel effect, Achieve -20dB.
- Suitable for MP3/MP4, CD, music mobile phone, laptop etc.
- Call-answearing button,compatible with iPhone
- Comfortable,sound-isolating ear-tips reduce noise.
- Make a network call easily by using a swichingcable.
- Very balance sound quality with deep bass, smooth mids and well defined highs and the experience is pure high fidelity.
- Being an in-ear-design, the MP21 offering unparalleled comfort for long-term listening.
- All material under "ROHS"
- Come with an audio adapter
- Come with carry bag, three pairs of silicon ear pads in S/M/L sizes, sponge ear pads ,cable clip ect.

Specifications
Color: White
Frequency range: 15Hz-22KHz
DC resistance: 12±10% Ω
Sensitivity: 97±2dB
Sound coupling to the ear: In-ear
Cable length: 1.2m (9999.9% copper wire+fibre,TPE coat)
Connection: Stereo mini jack plug 3.5 mm
Weight(including the packing): 87.0g

Microphone
Frequency range: 20Hz-16KHz
Sensitivity: 58±2dB/mW

And it has the cool looking box the PL50s came in. Anyone know anything else?

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #23 of 27
Then again, since those come with PL-50 don't deteriorate like the Comply (which usually only lasts for a few weeks in normal use) and can be cleaned (rinsed and air dried) over and over again, I don't really see why you will need Comply for, unless you find the stock foam uncomfortable or not fitting your earcanal size.

Like the Shure olive, PL-50 stock foam will last for years to come, as long as you take care of it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. With that said, the only other draw of comply foamies I can think of is noise isolation. Is there any real advantage of the comply foam to the stock soundmagic foam?

And how do you clean foam? Do you just soak it in peroxide for an hour, then rinse in water and let dry? Or is there some other process?

Thank you.

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Is there any real advantage of the comply foam to the stock soundmagic foam?

Due to its softness, Comply is more comfortable to use and sometime fits better.

Quote:

And how do you clean foam? Do you just soak it in peroxide for an hour, then rinse in water and let dry? Or is there some other process?

For stock foam (or olive), gentle rinsing with water and air dry should be enough. For Comply, soak in peroxide for 15 minutes should be sufficient, rinse and let dry. However, do note that cleaning Comply only extends its life for another week or two. Eventually it will crumble as it ages.

Also, try not to squeeze when cleaning.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Errr, DP just stocked up on NEW soundmagic products I've never heard of:

Called Soundmagic MP21, comes with mic, in black, pink and white $28

And it has the cool looking box the PL50s came in. Anyone know anything else?

IINM , they're the iPhone mike'd version of the PL21s ljokerl just reviewed. Everything else should be the same.

As for tips, I've had Complys for a while, but the heat-activated thing scared the crap out of me (they became sooooooooooo soft under my fingers) so I returned them - getting more Shure Olives instead.

The in box tips? None of them were soft enough or were of the right size to really fit my ears well. Decored Olives didn't do much to help either (and I massacred the PL50 small foams in the process, trying to use the inner tube for the Olives - which didn't really fit all that well and slipped out frequently).

In desperation, I stuck the pair of decored olives into the stem of the Large PL50 silicones, backside first (something like this: (> ), and stuck the whole thing onto my PL50s.

Surprise, surprise - they worked, and is probably one of the best fitting tips I've had for a shallowly inserted canalphone, ever.

As a bonus, my new frankentips should have the durability of silicones plus the fit the foamies offer... Haven't heard much change in SQ though (my ears being as poorly trained as they are)...
beerchug.gif

Anybody with fit troubles should try it out sometime. Can't wait to try out this simple mod on my "where are they really - they should have arrived last week" Cyclone PR2s...
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back