SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Oct 5, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #227 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Everyone. Just a few quick questions about these two phones from heaven.

Is the 20$ deal from focalprice genuine? Has anyone with 50$ PL-30 compare them with the 20$ PL-30 from focalprice?

Also is the PL-30 a higher end model than the PL-12?

Hi!

The PL 30 is the highest model from SoundMagic BUT PL12 got great reviews and this model made SoundMagic famous in Hong Kong as I know.

I did ordered a pair of PL12 3 days ago since it is on promote from great-sounds now

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #229 of 327
Not quite sure actually but the PL30 should be the highest end of its product line

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #231 of 327
ÉîÛÚÉùÃÀ¿Æ¼¼·¢Õ¹ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾
Yes PL30 is the "highest" model in the earphone hierarchy.

Interesting, soundmagic has an official blog maintained by their developer/technicians touching on stuff like their lives, what inspired them to enter the sound industry, the power of music, and basically some random musings loosely related to music. A pretty neat publicity tool imho, it has a nice personal feel to it and makes the company seem much more approachable. Do check it out if you can read chinese. soundmagicµÄ²©¿Í - soundmagic - ÍøÒײ©¿Í

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #233 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did it take everyone to recieve theirs from FocalPrice?

I got a shipping notification 9-26. It said the normal time is 5-14 days.

Oct 6, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #234 of 327
Alrighty, people, I got a whole load of packages in the mail today that were obviously backed up from the public holidays and stuff and one of them was a pair of these little gems
biggrin.gif
Awesome..

I'm not gonna do a whole review on them just yet cuz I have only listened to a few songs and I haven't had time to really listen to them. I did put them on and plug them into my iPod and just hit shuffle songs. UB40's "Can't Help Falling in Love" was the first song on the list and, to be honest, I was unimpressed. They just sounded like normal headphones, nothing special and I was sad cuz I had heard great things about them.. Just to be fair, I decided to listen to another song, one that I had ripped to Apple Lossless format just yesterday (a track from Kanye West's Graduation album) and I heard what everyone was raving about. Clearly my music collection is in need of a quality upgrade!

The bass, even set on the default "clear bass" is ample and sounds AWESOME. In terms of bass response, these things crap on my EX90LPs, they don't sound overly bassy, they just have a nice clean bass response that really rattles your head at higher volume. I love them already!

They're a little awkward to wear, I find, but they're my first pair of over-the-ear phones so I just needa get used to them.. There is no cable noise, which is very nice..

Also for those of you wondering, I got mine from eBay, from a reputable seller so I cannot comment on the quality/legitimacy of the focalprice versions
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #240 of 327
My ksc75's need to be replaced ( cable split) ,

I am prone to IEM sibilance and irritation ( losing seal etc.) and am considering just getting another pair of ksc75 , but the impressions in this thread are so hard to ignore.

Will I or Will I not be satisfied with these?

my IEM history : Fx55 , Fx66 (sibilant) and mylar X3 (allright)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back