SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Oct 27, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #331 of 371

Quote:
IIRC, don't those retailers sell the pl50 for close to $75? Focalprice sells them for $55, sometimes $50 if they're having a sale or you can find a coupon. That's where I bought mine when I had them. And frankly, while they're a good buy for $50, I don't think they're worth $75

ALO lists PL50 for $55, I believe, no free shipping though. FocalPrice is definitely cheap, but customer service is generally slow and warranty will take a long time. It is what you are not paying that is what you have saved. Obviously it is up to the buyer to decide what is important..

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #334 of 371
I see... I had one once and like it, but had to sell it due to circumstances and while the build is decent the packaging is really lacking for the price (considering many less expensive IEM like this have very good one).

I'm still interested in this since it's cheap enough and seems really comfortable.

Nov 11, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #335 of 371
Got my pl50 for a few days now, and I greatly prefer this to my Re-Zero, great comfort, sweet vocal, good soundstage when paired with amp. This baby is a keeper, moreso with the price.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #338 of 371

jant71 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am liking how the dynamic driver phones have been coming along. I don't know about them going armature. Let's hope they turned out well, more toward Phonak SQ than SE110 SQ. Could go either way. They look very slick for sure though.

Thanks for your explanation! It is exactly what I need.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #339 of 371
I was hesitant about buying these after my experience with the RE0, particularly in terms of build quality, but my very brief impression is that they are a good buy. Prominent bass is overrated, IMO - I can get fart cannons off the rack here at work any day of the week : its a bit like junk food and I dont know too many people who want that every meal. YMMV.

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #340 of 371
I'll be damned.

Just found out that I'm missing one of my ear hooks that came with the PL50. I only use my PL50 when exercising/running and without the hooks it's pretty much useless for this as the wire likes to be all over the place (when wearing over the ear).

I've tried to look for a spare hook but it seems that Sound Magic don't offer their customers to buy additional accessories.

Any suggestion guys?

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #341 of 371
Last time around, I actually order another pair of SoundMAGIC just for the ear hook, thought the IEM itself (PL21) turns out to be pretty good for the price (less than $20 with free shipping, IIRC).

Jun 22, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #344 of 371
it's 2 weeks with the pl50. pretty nice!
before getting them i was concerned about the impedance/volume relation. but to my surprise , using the clip+ iin normal volume it's enough with 45-65 % which i consider really good
what i dont notice at all is the sibilance , like clieos mentioned. thats amazing. but im curious.. whats the reason for no sibilance? the impedance or maybe the volume i use ? or both of them or something else?

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #345 of 371
last night, after a long time i missed to listen some jazz like bill evans,coltrane etc.. and my pl50's which are obviously not for metal music really shines with jazz.. amazing imagining,detailed sound beautiful mids and good soundstage... im really impressed for jazz performance of these babies and changed my mind to keep them =) but for the record , if you wanna listen heavy metal via them , absolutely look for something else than pl50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back