SOUNDMAGIC PL-11 SUPER BASS THOUGHTS
Nov 12, 2008 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I got these today. BOO is all I can say. First they have the J cord. Boo
I put them into my clip and where is the super bass. Boo there is none at all.
They have no sound stage. Boo. Now I know these were only 10.00 but they are not worth even that. I then put on my moded PL-30 and wow lots of bass with a large sound stage for only 10.00 more. They should call the PL-30 super bass. LOL. Sorry folks but the PL-11 are loseres big time and I hope the other 10.00 PLs are way better but I have a feeling they are not. You just cant go wrong with the PL-30 even for 50.00 but 29.00 at head direct.
One good thing though. they come with lots of tips and a clip with a cord winder and nice bag. The tips have a bi-flange that is bigger than the ones that came with the PL-30 and I am useing them on my PL-30.
I am burning the PL-11 in for a good 50 hours for some strange reason. lol

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 9
I have the pl-30, pl-18, pl-12. The pl-30 have been reviewed plenty and I agree on most reviews. The pl-18 has J-cord which I don´t like, but their sound signature is very close to the im-716 that I have, clear, great soundstage, balanced,but less refined and details less airy and dynamic lower frequency thump you can hear with the im716. They actually benefit strongly from being amped either with fiio E3 or my internal creative xtreme soundcard.
Pl-12 has a y-cord, it has a more balanced towards a warmer, deeper frequence sound. I prefer the Pl-12 over my pl-30 jvc hafx, sennheisser cx 300, mylarone. The Pl-18 sounded like crap right out of the box, they had a strong distorsion around the 175-250 Hz frequency that I exposed it too, but that dissapeared after 50-100 hours of pink noise, and they sounded much better..
The Pl-12 soundee much better right out of the box. I have only had time to listen to them after 10 hours of burn in, and I lke them better than any of the IEM`s I have mentioned, except the IM716. For less than 10 dollars, incl. they do much than very well, take the soft foamies and put them inside either the rubber or silicone sleeves and, well I do, you might get a spendid fit..

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 9
OK Its been about 8 hours burn in and boy what a difference. The bass has come out by lots and there are very good highs and mids. Now they have more bass than my PL-30 but I had to go through many different tips and found that the very small tips works best for me. I normally use much bigger tips on my PL-30. I will give these 100 hour burn in if needed and will check on them every 8 hours.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #5 of 9
You see, I know some people don´t believe in burn in, but how can they explain the change in sibiliance or distorsion that I hear after running different frequence through my speakers and that dissapear after x amount of hours. My ears are not ajusting to the sound or signature, because I basically switch between many different IEM´s or headphones every day, I guess I just have to much time and IEM´s at the moment...
But I´m glad to hear that you are benefitting from your PL-11, just keep burning those baby´s... and I believe they will be more than worth the price you paid...

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by silkeborg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the pl-30, pl-18, pl-12. The pl-30 have been reviewed plenty and I agree on most reviews. The pl-18 has J-cord which I don´t like, but their sound signature is very close to the im-716 that I have, clear, great soundstage, balanced,but less refined and details less airy and dynamic lower frequency thump you can hear with the im716. They actually benefit strongly from being amped either with fiio E3 or my internal creative xtreme soundcard.
Pl-12 has a y-cord, it has a more balanced towards a warmer, deeper frequence sound. I prefer the Pl-12 over my pl-30 jvc hafx, sennheisser cx 300, mylarone. The Pl-18 sounded like crap right out of the box, they had a strong distorsion around the 175-250 Hz frequency that I exposed it too, but that dissapeared after 50-100 hours of pink noise, and they sounded much better..
The Pl-12 soundee much better right out of the box. I have only had time to listen to them after 10 hours of burn in, and I lke them better than any of the IEM`s I have mentioned, except the IM716. For less than 10 dollars, incl. they do much than very well, take the soft foamies and put them inside either the rubber or silicone sleeves and, well I do, you might get a spendid fit..

Ah cool, nice to hear. They're all so cheap! I may just have to pick up one of each and give some away as gifts. Did you buy from FocalPrice?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK Its been about 8 hours burn in and boy what a difference. The bass has come out by lots and there are very good highs and mids. Now they have more bass than my PL-30 but I had to go through many different tips and found that the very small tips works best for me. I normally use much bigger tips on my PL-30. I will give these 100 hour burn in if needed and will check on them every 8 hours.

That's good news, I'll hold on to my order then. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to me. I look forward to later impressions when they are fully burned in.

Good luck and thanks.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 9
Just to update my experience..
Pl-18, sound signature of AL IM716 or etymotic 4, but less defined and refined, definately benifits from being amped, FIIO E3, maybe because it gives an extra DB increase to the lower frequency... PL-18 has according to their recorded specifications an impedance of 12 ohm, but what about their sensitivity, anybody knows.. in my ears they sound so much better being amped even with a cheapo like E3.
PL-12 looses the detail, highs from sound signature from the ety`s or 716, but keeps a great soundstage, mids, highs and and actually a very punchy, dynamic, airy low frequency´s.
They look, and sound very much like the old mylarone Xi, but much cheaper..

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 9
Yes I did, order all three from Focalprice on three different orders, receceived them them here in US within
8-10 days, even had a pair of PL-12 ordered to my mother in Denmark, well they migth delay it with the custom regulations they have there...
Yeah, great gifts and great IEM´s toys..
where do you stop...

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #9 of 9
Awesome, great to hear these little guys perform so well. I'm going to try to restrain myself from buying all 4, so if it came down to the PL-12 or the PL-18 which would you recommend?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back