SoundMAGIC E80 Review by mark2410
May 30, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #31 of 63
@mark2410 initially I wasn't very convinced, huge bass, sharp top end, mids I was unfamiliar with, but with a new pair of headphones (a new benchmark), and using a set of tips from a different manufacture, I get these now
smily_headphones1.gif

Not 100% convinced yet, but getting there!

lol, yeah they are nice things and i think your come lo like them.  probably not love them but there is a certain pleasantness to them, the mids in particular have a very easy on the ear quality for a dynamic.  id wager its the sort of thing taht would work great for you while working, them in your ears asemthing to not so much listen to but just kinda melt into.  focus on what your doing and just let them fill the outside void, encasing you in a gentle bubble of pleasantness.

id say tehy be great as work / study iems.  great, nice, easy on the ear and rarely attention demanding to disrupt you.

May 31, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #32 of 63
Picked up a AudioQuest Dragonfly Red (and for curiosity, a Jitterbug) and this makes a MASSIVE improvement to the tonal balance of the E80 (but makes the 'S' model irrelevant in my case), so, happy camper now :)

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #36 of 63
Very good and honest review.  I had a nice discount with Paypal through ebay.ca and decided to give these a try  I find that like mids more and more, even though I like the bass present, and the treble detailed.  Let's see how they perform with my stuff and my ears, once they arrive in a couple of days.

For about 60.00 CAD, I think it will be a nice addition.

I am eager to find out if these will sound similar to the Carrot Titta One...

Jul 23, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #37 of 63
  Very good and honest review.  I had a nice discount with Paypal through ebay.ca and decided to give these a try  I find that like mids more and more, even though I like the bass present, and the treble detailed.  Let's see how they perform with my stuff and my ears, once they arrive in a couple of days.

For about 60.00 CAD, I think it will be a nice addition.

I am eager to find out if these will sound similar to the Carrot Titta One...

well remember to come back as say how you get on with them, always good to see more impressions and how your hearing pairs up with my observations

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #38 of 63
I'm one of proud SoundMagic owners as my ES18 and E10s is still working after years or heavy abuse. I almost pulled the trigger with these as I could get them for $51 in my country.

@mark2410
Does E80 sounds great with female vocals? I currently have the LZ A2s and its mids sounds as you described E80, creamy smooth and airy but takes a little step back.

Well, I always want a SoundMagic as my daily IEM as I've already tested the brand's durability and it could take a beating or any unintentional accidents :)

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #39 of 63

@mark2410
Does E80 sounds great with female vocals? I currently have the LZ A2s and its mids sounds as you described E80, creamy smooth and airy but takes a little step back.

yes.  soundmagic has a habit of great mids and i am particularly partial to femail vocals, they are great, however the PL-50 is better for vocals but its rather bass light.  have you read about the PL-50?  but yeah the E80 is great for all vocals.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #40 of 63
@mark2410 

Just checked pl-50 and it seems that it received mixed reviews but I would gladly try it as you have suggested it to have great vocals but i'm not really comfortable with earphones worn over the ear.

I'm certain to buy the E80 and all i'm waiting is for the sale to come out again and purchase it for $51 :)

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #41 of 63
  @mark2410 

Just checked pl-50 and it seems that it received mixed reviews but I would gladly try it as you have suggested it to have great vocals but i'm not really comfortable with earphones worn over the ear.

I'm certain to buy the E80 and all i'm waiting is for the sale to come out again and purchase it for $51 :)

well the pl-50 is a balanced armature. so its rather different from a dynamic, it moves much less air, and its relativly bass light too so some will hear it and freek out.  they are used te feeling bass and with BA's you dont you hear it only.  so its amazing but not everyone is going to like it, it can take some getting used to.  the E80 however is much more of an air mover, its mids are nearly as good but its much more of a general crowd pleaser so its reviews will likely be much more generally positive.

the key with reviewis is read lots, and if you  can find a reviewer that has reviewid things youve heard so you can compare how they and you have heard soemthing then you can tell form there how they describe other things as to how its likely going to work for you.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #42 of 63
@mark2410

Well, I didn't heard about SoundMagic releasing a BA iem :O 
Something with less bass would perfect as I do have an IEM with a heavy bass already and would like a mid-centric that'd would suit my listening moods.
I just hoped SoundMagic would release their flagship hybrid soon, it's my dream to be honest :)

Well I found your comparison to E10 to be fairly accurate been reading your reviews with Fidue a65 and Somic v2. I'm just disappointed to myself that I didn't purchase the A65 for 28 dollars in gearbest but I'm already planning to purchase the somic v2 next week! anyways could you probably remember how the E10 sounds and how those it compare to Somic v2? Thanks Mark!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back