SoundMAGIC E80 Review by mark2410
Aug 20, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #17 of 63
  Very nice review . Listening to these now using dx90 . First impression - the highs are a bit harsh.

That may be at least partially due to rough synergy with whatever DX90 firmware version you're using. I found my B3P1s' bass response to be significantly impaired by v2.3 (or whatever the most recent version is) so I rolled back to 2.2. Despite the older version's inherent bugginess I've found that the lower end is far more robust and the treble a touch more laid back.

Of course, that may not be worth doing if you generally prefer a different firmware version and don't want to swap it to enhance a budget IEM's sound. YMMV, and all.

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #19 of 63
  Very nice review . Listening to these now using dx90 . First impression - the highs are a bit harsh.

nooooooo.  let them a nice burn in, highs are granted not the worlds most refinend but warm with soft should be pleasnt to the ear. 

your not trying to make them play bad bitrate or badly mastered stuff are you?

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #22 of 63
Just got mine in a few days ago. Listening on a Fiio X3-II.

Absolutely impressed! I was worried about harsh highs, but have no problem, thankfully. I'm using sony hybrids.

Going to pit these against my current favorite IEM, the RE-400. 

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #23 of 63
I think this might be better compared with the ATH-CKR9 OR IM70? The CKR9 is supposed to be sounding very much like a BA but with the bass of a fast dynamic driver which the BA's usually lack. I am also much more inclined towards SoundMagic E80, because I have used their E10 and I loved it.

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #25 of 63
  All lossless and well mastered stuff . How long were you burning these in? 

err usually aim for a min of 100 hours but thats to treat everything equally rather than trying and checking or debating on haw long anything needs

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #26 of 63
Nothing has changed soundwise my any Soundmagic product - indeed any IEM I've ever tried - from second 1 to second 167048586784737. But there you go - some people also still believe there'some weird bloke in the sky who sets the rules for life. Whatever gets you through the night.

May 13, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #28 of 63
Mark...

It was your review that got me to pick these up on Amazon, due for delivery tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how they sit compared to my value champions, the LG QB3 AKG...

Watch this space.

May 15, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #29 of 63
Mark...

It was your review that got me to pick these up on Amazon, due for delivery tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how they sit compared to my value champions, the LG QB3 AKG...

Watch this space.

cool,  well you realise now saying that you have to come back here once youve got them and say what you make of them
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #30 of 63
mark2410 initially I wasn't very convinced, huge bass, sharp top end, mids I was unfamiliar with, but with a new pair of headphones (a new benchmark), and using a set of tips from a different manufacture, I get these now :)

Not 100% convinced yet, but getting there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back