SoundMAGIC E80 Review by mark2410
Jul 30, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #46 of 63
Just received it last Monday and been listening to it since.  Wow, what a nice set of earphones from Soundmagic.  I try a lot of earphones lately (LZ A2S, Fidue A73, AT E40) and I keep coming back to it for a lot of reasons.  The sound is a bit more laid back than LZ and Fidue, but so engaging and well defined.  Smooth, fun and goes along very well with a lot of music still.

I am currently using it with my iPod Classic and Fiio E6 and switched to the JVC Spiral Dot tips.  I want to do more testing before going further in my appreciation of this product, but so far, for the price (50-100$ range), I am impressed.

Jul 31, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #47 of 63
  Just received it last Monday and been listening to it since.  Wow, what a nice set of earphones from Soundmagic.  I try a lot of earphones lately (LZ A2S, Fidue A73, AT E40) and I keep coming back to it for a lot of reasons.  The sound is a bit more laid back than LZ and Fidue, but so engaging and well defined.  Smooth, fun and goes along very well with a lot of music still.

I am currently using it with my iPod Classic and Fiio E6 and switched to the JVC Spiral Dot tips.  I want to do more testing before going further in my appreciation of this product, but so far, for the price (50-100$ range), I am impressed.

yeah sound magig is a co that everything ive had from them ive liked, not dramatic nor V shaped or attention demanding but alwasy so pleasnt to hear and enjoyable. 

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #48 of 63
Their Achilles heel is the very thing that makes them great, their impedance...

When driven by a decent source, they really are quite something

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #49 of 63
Their Achilles heel is the very thing that makes them great, their impedance...

When driven by a decent source, they really are quite something

surely thats just the perfect excuse to buy a great source then :wink:

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #50 of 63

Recently got the LZ A2s imo they got one of the best mids around their price range. How do they compare to the mids of E80? IMO LZ A2s lacks details around the treble area but would never tire you from listening to them for hours

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #51 of 63
I would say the LZ A2S are generally more in your face.  Overall.  E80 is more relaxed, laid back.  Both have great details, especially in the mids.  I think E80 is more V-Shaped, slighly, but there are my go to iems for now, both.

When I want some action,in your face, wake up, I go with the A2S.  When I want a more subtle, smooth presentation (to go to sleep for example), I go with E80.

All very personal.

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #53 of 63
I would say around similiar in quantity, from what I remember of CX300, but better in quality.  And the overall sound quality is superior with E80.  At about the same price, it's a no contest for me.  CX300 are not bad, it's a fair product, but overpiced if you pay more than 50.00 or 60.00...

IMHO

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #54 of 63
  Hey how do the bass on these earphones compare to the Sennheiser CX 300B MK II?

very different flavours the sen is a big old V shaped beast and frankly, senn, i love you and you make soem really great stuff but......... the cx is not a refined beast.  the E80 is on a very different (superior) level.

in terms of quantitythe E80 will sound comparativly lighter and far more middy.

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #55 of 63
Anything that can be considered an upgrade to the E80, within $150 or so? Had these for about a year and loved them, but lost my set on the train.

I could just buy another pair, but an upgrade is always good. I want the same overall neutrality and balanced signature, detail and refinement, just further improved.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #56 of 63
Anything that can be considered an upgrade to the E80, within $150 or so? Had these for about a year and loved them, but lost my set on the train.

I could just buy another pair, but an upgrade is always good. I want the same overall neutrality and balanced signature, detail and refinement, just further improved.

Are you looking for the same housing shape?   These  E80 are pretty small and barrel/bullet shaped, mainly designed to be worn down (not over the here, even though I use them that way).  There could be upgrades in upper price tag, but some may have a different shape an size.

E80 offer great value, indeed, for the price in terms of value, balance and refinement.  I find them lacking a bit of sparkle when compared to my top iems, but they have their use for a more laid back and quality experience.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #57 of 63
No preference for housing shape, as long as they isolate well.

They primarily need to be neutral and (mostly) true to the source, because I'll use them for stage monitoring and audio production and rough mixes while on tour. That, and my tastes have always been oriented towards neutrality.

I should confirm that this doesn't mean the often bass-light presentation that some 'accurate' in-ears exhibit. If there's sub-bass whomp in the track, the IEM needs to bring the whomp. Realistic weight and body, without being bass-heavy. Like a real studio monitor.

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #58 of 63
No preference for housing shape, as long as they isolate well.

They primarily need to be neutral and (mostly) true to the source, because I'll use them for stage monitoring and audio production and rough mixes while on tour. That, and my tastes have always been oriented towards neutrality.

I should confirm that this doesn't mean the often bass-light presentation that some 'accurate' in-ears exhibit. If there's sub-bass whomp in the track, the IEM needs to bring the whomp. Realistic weight and body, without being bass-heavy. Like a real studio monitor.

have a look at the re-600

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #59 of 63
How does e80 perform when you play matt mcguire's drum covers? Do you hear the drum instruments being played natural and smooth with a lot of details, clarity and separation? Can you please tell me. Thanks!

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #60 of 63
  How does e80 perform when you play matt mcguire's drum covers? Do you hear the drum instruments being played natural and smooth with a lot of details, clarity and separation? Can you please tell me. Thanks!

erm i have no idea who that is sorry and im not at home so i cant pull them out and test for you, if you remind me in a month or two when m back i can try for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back