SoundMagic E50 & E80 - Story of Two Magicians - A Review...
Jun 28, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #16 of 99
Would be very useful to hear how the new E50 and E80 compare to the E10/E10s.

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 99

Would be very useful to hear how the new E50 and E80 compare to the E10/E10s.

I'll see if i can make a short comparison.

Wow !
You made me really want to get a pair of E80 !

Thanks for the review !

Sorry! 
tongue_smile.gif
 Enjoy it! and thanks for reading!

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 99
I'll see if i can make a short comparison.

Sorry! :tongue_smile:  Enjoy it! and thanks for reading!

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #22 of 99
Yes, nice detailed review.  Nice work Zelda.  I agree, these earphones really are something special.  Tony Xu at SoundMAGIC is a master at product design and acoustics and he's turned up trumps with these two new models.

Tony and the team at SoundMAGIC have been hard at work for the last year and half working on new products.  The E50 and E80 are part of new range of products due this year.  They've also just released a bluetooth on-ear (BT20), which sounds amazing for the money and there will be more on-ears and full size later in the year.  Also the HP150 full size and P30S on ears are hidden gems from the last year or so.

SoundMAGIC want to be a rival for big brands like Sennheiser, AKG, etc and they're definitely heading in the right direction.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #23 of 99
Crossposting my intitial impression on the E80's from another thread:

I think that I'm starting to understand why I was confused with the E80's to start with: they actually remind me quite a bit of the CKR9's! Or rather the more polite little brother of the CKR9's. The treble is very similar on both but the CKR9's got more forward and energetic both upper and lower mids. The CKR9's also got more bass impact, deeper sub bass and better layering in the bass (sub and mid bass). I'm enjoying the E80's quite a lot and anyone finding the CKR9's a bit to energetic could very well prefer the E80's over them.

The E80's also happens to pair very well with my new favorite toy, the Elecom PAR500, so I think they deserve to go along on a three weeks long holiday in Spain 
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #24 of 99
@twister6 posted a review.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-e80-in-ear-monitor-headphone/reviews/13477

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #25 of 99
I was wonder how these would sound from my lg g3 without a amp.I do not own a portable amp to go with my phone so im worried if i did decide to get these they wont sound all that good cause of this.

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #27 of 99
Here is my review!!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-e50-e50s/reviews/13512

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #29 of 99
I like this kind of cable covered with plastic, which makes the cable less tangled. The earphones looks cool but I just wish they had more color options. 

Yes, but it also makes the cable more bouncy and microphonic.

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #30 of 99
Just got my e80 in today and right away I know I've found the sound signature that I've been looking for! Neutral with great extension down low and high without sibilance. And unlike the Re-400, it doesn't have the murky warmth feel to the sound that irked me. It's just clean, clear and resolving (pretty darn good for its price but I don't know how resolving it is compared to IEMs above the $200 price bracket).

Compared to Dunu Titan 1, the e80 is truly a competitor sound quality wise as they are rather similar. Titan 1 sounds a little more detailed due to the extended and sharper shimmery treble. And of course the e80 isolates so much better. Titan 1's soundstage is more out of the head and expansive but the e80 is more intimate, like my EPH-100. One thing I do dislike about the e80 is the cable; if it was like the Titan 1, it would've been perfect for me. I also found the tips provided to be of poorer quality, being rather thin and soft and some are deformed due to being squeezed in the packaging.

Another little plus point is that I can actually wear them in bed and sleep in any position I want! I was quite surprised as I'm actually using the double flange tip (the only tip that seals my right ear properly). All in all, I'm very well pleased with this little purchase and I won't be buying anymore IEM until my EPH-100 dies. Then maybe I'll get the Fidue A73 to replace them. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back