Soundcards, headphones, speakers...it's all in here.
Apr 1, 2004 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
Hi all. Hope I can get some answers here. My question is multi-tiered, any help will be appreciated.

I take delivery of my first 'audiophile' canalphones today, a pair of E3s for use with (a) my iPod and (b) my PC.

Brief PC description (sound-wise)
TerraTec Aureon Space 7.1
Creative labs Inspire T7700 7.1 speakers
LiteOn CD Writer and LG DVD writer

That said, my questions are thus:

1) If anyone is familiar with the Creative Labs speaker system, you'll know that there's a volume control connected by cable to the subwoofer. This control has a stereo audio outlet on it. I was wondering what the sound out of this is like vs the sound directly out of the soundcard? Is there a large degrade in quality, does it make no difference at all??

2) The TerraTec Aureon Space soundcard. How does this compare with other cards. I wanted the M-Audio Revo, but they were out of stock and I was impatient. How does it compare to the M-Audio and similar cards? (Obviously I've read the online reviews, but I'm looking for user/consumer opinions.

3) What is the general consensus on the sound quality reproduction of the Creative Labs Inspire range? Adequate, above average, below average?

4) Are there any setup tips anyone has for PC sound reproduction? For instance, when I open and close applications, I can hear a small noise through my earphones. What causes this and any other interference?

Phew, that's all. Thanks for taking time to read (and hopefully answer.)

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 3
I would come right out of the sound card the more you elimate the dignal going through the better.

Creative labs is avrage, but depends on which model you have.

as far as hearing the sound of opening and closing apps I dont' get that must be somthing the app is picking up.

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Try moving your sound card to the bottom of your PC. In my experience, the further away the soundcard is from the CPU the less interference it picks up.
I've got none from mine
smily_headphones1.gif

-Taurui

Users who are viewing this thread

Back