Soundcard too loud for headphones.
Dec 14, 2008 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

yensteel

New Head-Fier
Hello, new member here. Been browsing this forum for a couple days now before registering today.

I just bought my new Sennheiser 555s, and I wanted to pair it with my pc, which has a creative audigy 2 sound card installed.

The sound output is too loud for me, and it's only at an acceptable level of 5%.

What kind of ways are there to limit the sound from the soundcard to the headphones so that I can turn up the sound to 50%, 80%, or even 100%?

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #2 of 3
OK, one thing to check is to make sure you're using the headphone out and not the line out of the sound card, which will be really really loud. If that's not it, you could lower the volume on the 'wave' sound device (double click the volume icon in the task bar) and then have a larger range of volume using the master volume.

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 3
headphone out? I checked the manual, and it doesn't show any headphone ports, so it's not an option for me.

I reduced the wave volume, and the volume is softer, which fixed my problem. I think it does distort the sound a bit though.

I found another alternative to the wave adjustment. I could also adjust the volume using a custom environment effect with reduced master original sound. Is this a good idea?

Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back