Soundcard Sources...
Nov 23, 2002 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

vandit

100+ Head-Fier
Im thinking of upgrading my sound card considering mp3's are my main way to listening to music...

Right now i have the SB Audigy 1, and after reading a couple of threads about the Audigy series it seems like Creative crapped on themselves on audio quality.

Besides the TB Santa Cruz (which i have heard numerous comments about) is there any soundcards that can take my listening experience to the "next level".

Please name some reasonably priced soundcards which do not have anything to do with gaming, but for listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Links to the companies websites and stores which would carry them would help out also (prices).

Thanks
vandit

Nov 26, 2002 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 11
They are less common in the US than in Europe but I like the Terratec cards. I once had a great card called a Sixpack, 5.1 with optical input/output. It is just fine for MP3 playback and supports all the game APIs like EAC as well.
(blah, Creative! I'll never buy their overpriced overhyped crap again. The drivers are like a demented octopus that will NOT let go.)

Nov 26, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 11
I would wait for that MAudio Revolution also as you can game with it and it's cheaper. ~100

For just 2 channel music, Audiophile 24/96 and Echo Mia are good cards but available now and cost more ~150-170.

Nov 26, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by SumB
It hasn't been launched yet...

Any idea about when it's coming out ? I must admit this one looks like a wonderful choice...

The website mentionned above sells it for 99$ or 139$ with bundled "TheaterTek". Anyone knows what this "TheaterTek" thing is ?

Thanks.

Nov 26, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 11
TheaterTek is just another dvd player. More info at:
www.TheaterTek.com

Skimming the forums over there, I saw quite a few complaints. Also, most users seem to use powerdvd xp also anyway. Doesn't sound like something I'd pay an extra $40 for. Of course, I'm not using my comp as a HTPC anyway.

Have to say I'm considering pre-ordering the Revolution. Heard it was coming out by early Dec. Just through rumors on websites though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back