SoundblasterX G6 + Astro Mixamp
Apr 2, 2020 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kr4lhes

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just wondering, would it be possible to connect the G6 to the mixamp so it's able to power dt990s 250ohms? My objective is to be able to power the dt990 and have all of it connected to my pc/PS4 and being able to switch between the systems with the help of the mixamp

I'm thinking of it like this : G6 with Jack splitter, 1 jack connects from splitter to mixamp while the other female jack from the splitter connects the dt990. Mixamp connected through USB to pc while G6 connects connect optical to ps4.

Im honestly shooting blind here, just mere speculation. Need a more "pro" answer about it.

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 6
Connect a headphone amplifier to the Astro's headphone jack.

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 6
So, wouldn't that mix work for what I want?
I'm not totally familiar with your version of the Astro Mix-amp, so when you say connect the G6 to the Mix-amp, it does not tell which jacks on which device you are connecting?

Apr 3, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm not totally familiar with your version of the Astro Mix-amp, so when you say connect the G6 to the Mix-amp, it does not tell which jacks on which device you are connecting?

I guess I'm trying a workaround of some sort to try to achieve what I want. It's as I mentioned, I'd use 3.5mm splitter on the jack of the G6 so I can plug 2 jacks, 1 straight to the mix amp and the other is the headphones connected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back