SoundBlaster X-FI + Corda Arietta + HD650/DT770's
Oct 26, 2008 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ace_BB6

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for quite some time and finally decided to register as an offical member. I just wanted to say right off the bat that I am very honored to be here around all you folks who are very passionate about enjoying music at a whole different dimension. Most of all its nice to learn from you all. Knowledge is truly power.

I wanted to know what type of experience can I expect to get with my setup that I have currently on order. ( My wallet is burning right now ) oh well....

Desktop Computer + SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtrememusic soundcard + Meier Corda Arietta headamp + Sennheiser HD650's/ Beyer DT770 (250ohms).

I am a total newbie at the world of audiophile so Im not really sure what to expect or how to even decipher everything.
All I know is I want these:

1) Sound Clarity (Upmost important)
2) Nice accurate Bass
3) Natural Sound

Anything after that will be a plus.

Also one last question. How will my mp3s that are ripped at a Variable bit rate(VBR) sound? Will the mp3s really stand out after all the audio gear upgrade? Or do I need the mp3s at a higher bit rate? My mp3s are mainly ripped at (V0) quality. Will these be sufficient enough to enjoy music with my upcoming gear?

Once again thank you all . I hope to learn a lot more and dive a little bit deeper.

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi

Welcome! I think it should be a pretty decent setup you are going with. But I don't like Creative's ear piercing X-Fi abilities, I like the sound card with out the Creative alchemy. I cannot exactly comment on sound as I've never heard to Corda Arietta. But it seems that your order is on its way already, so just let us know what you think after about a weeks' extensive listening.

Goodluck...

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 5
I have plenty of V0 which sounds fine for most well recorded stuff but lossless is ideal. I don't much like the Beyer 770s I have, at least not until I recabled them. HD650s are good but also benefit from a recable, the Arietta should be able to power them sufficiently. If your system sounds very warm then the 770s are a good match. If it is too bright, the 650s tend to balance things out a bit with their smooth, squishy sound.

Welcome...

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 5
I have the Arietta > ad700 / dt880/250
but I source it from the pc via optical...
maybe you can do an ASIO plugin from the xfi and it will sound very clear as I have tested it with mere siberias
Im not sure about HD650s if there are certain amps that work best for it...probably youll have to ask the proper thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back