Soundblaster Audigy Pictures Released
Aug 27, 2001 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 7
Well, considering it looks exactly like their old SBLive! cards I doubt they've improved the sound quality in the slightest. Notice all the electrolytic capacitors? Most "audiophile" soundcards are almost entirely smc. I bet the drivers will evolve at the same fast rate as the original cards (fast being compared to geolgical time scales).

Aug 27, 2001 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

we can tell you that this is going to be a dominating piece of soundcard.

Without a questions, Creative is once again, a step ahead of the competition.

lol...the new platinum looks like a total copy of the hurceles game theatre, except it looks uglier and probably sounds worse. I don't see how copying makes them a "step ahead"
smily_headphones1.gif

Once again, they're proven that they don't develop products until a competitor releases a superior product, in which case they promptly imitate it with an inferior product and let their marketing machines go to work.

Quote:

Well, considering it looks exactly like their old SBLive! cards I doubt they've improved the sound quality in the slightest. Notice all the electrolytic capacitors? Most "audiophile" soundcards are almost entirely smc.

well, i agree that there's no chance that these cards will sound better than the previous generation, i don't think you can judge by looking at the board. A circuit board looks like a circuit board, and large electrolytics might be a good idea in a noisy computer environment...

Aug 27, 2001 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

thomas said...

Once again, they're proven that they don't develop products until a competitor releases a superior product, in which case they promptly imitate it with an inferior product and let their marketing machines go to work.

True, but that's just Plan A. If that fails, they go to Plan B.

Plan B: Sue the opposition into bankruptcy, then pick apart the carcass! "coughAUREALcough"
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif

Aug 27, 2001 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 7
Audigy's specifications do seem a step above the Live! series..a 24 bit/96 kHz DAC is certainly a good thing. But the really unique thing is a feature that's not sound-related at all: "SB1394 Connectivity - Create an intense multi-player gaming environment with easy SB1394 PC to PC connectivity and low latency gameplay performance beyond LAN gaming. For the ultimate frag fest, use the power and versatility of SB1394 to connect up to 64 PCs using Sound Blaster Audigy sound cards."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back