soundbar recommendations?
May 8, 2019 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

styler

100+ Head-Fier
headfi brethren:
i purchased a sony a9g TV and now want to get a soundbar. i most definitely do not want to build a home theater system and do not want to buy a receiver/amp/speakers. i just want a good powered soundbar. thus far i'm considering these:

Sony HT-ST5000
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector

Yamaha YSP-5600 Sound Bar

anyone have input? any others you strongly recommend? room isnt very big, prob 14 feet deep but 22 wide; ceilings are sloped, couch is prob 9-10 feet from the TV.

thanks in advance and appreciate your input!

May 9, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 20
If Yamaha is now comparable with play station, then the Yamaha throws sound all over, it’s a trip. Otherwise for easy connection always work type, Bose sr1. I was bummed that it had compatibility issues with my ps, I tried 2 units.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #6 of 20
Why a soundbar? Asking for one in the high end audio forum is like asking for the best bluetooth headphones in here. You would get way better sound out of a pair of active speakers. If they need to fit below a TV, then just get some KEF LS50Ws and set them down sideways.

May 9, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 20
Why a soundbar? Asking for one in the high end audio forum is like asking for the best bluetooth headphones in here. You would get way better sound out of a pair of active speakers. If they need to fit below a TV, then just get some KEF LS50Ws and set them down sideways.
Yep - as much as I'd like learn what's the ultimate $1K soundbar for my bedroom TV, this definitely isn't the sub-forum for soundbars.

May 9, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #8 of 20
I know, there wasnt a great section to place this request. but this is by far the best audio forum on the web and i trust headfiers input. the reason for sound bar is that the room is shallow and have no inclination to set up a full home theater surround system. soundbar and sub can be done under 2k, i wouldnt need a rack for equipment, nor fuss with cables and dont want to have to educate myself on all the home theater codecs etc. soooo, i just want a bitchin soundbar and be done with it. just bought a top tier tv and want to do better than the sonos playbar. i have a friend that sells the yamaha and he has pushed hard saying the ysp 5600 is the one to get. just wanted to get some other opinions as i dont think my room is perfect for the 5600 - its wide but shallow, has sloped ceilings and there is no way to put the tv at the long end of the room. while i love headphones and 2 channel audio ive just never been motivated to do home theater. plus, focal, sennheiser, psb, bluesound etc are familiar brands here. so apologies for posting here but i appreciate the opinions of the high end audio group! cheers, stb

May 13, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #9 of 20
The best soundbar for the bedroom is the Bose 700. It has the most “audiophile” sound and actually delivers bass without the need of a sub (I assume you do not want a sub in your bedroom). It is the closest you get to a good HiFi system from a soundbar.

The problem I have with the Bose soundbar is the lack of Dolby Atmos.

If sound quality is important, go for Bose. If 3D sound is important, consider Sony or Samsung.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #10 of 20
YAMAHA if you want 3d ***

May 13, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #11 of 20
What about the new naim mu-so?

May 13, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #12 of 20
Btw, if the only reason you are looking for a soundbar because of no AMP + DAC requirement, then check out the KEF LSX.

It also in a similar price range while having also a DAC and amplifier build in.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 20
Looking at the Bose soundbar and wanting to get it for my cheapo TV... not too pricey either.

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #15 of 20
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back