SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Apr 21, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #796 of 1,094
If you liked the analog so much, the M1pro will blow your mind.

It's nowhere near as coloured as the analog, but the lushness and smoothness are there.

In fact I'm listening to it now while the studio is with a Friend, who's also enjoying the heck out of it :)

Yes, I'm thinking I need to hear M1Pro now!

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #800 of 1,094
has anyone compared the M1Pro to the Aune M2S? These two are on top of my list as my next potential DAP the latter being the one with most reviews but the Esther's 2 card slots is very tempting. In the end, I'm after pure SQ enjoyment. Thanks!

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #801 of 1,094
has anyone compared the M1Pro to the Aune M2S? These two are on top of my list as my next potential DAP the latter being the one with most reviews but the Esther's 2 card slots is very tempting. In the end, I'm after pure SQ enjoyment. Thanks!

I would love to compare the studio to the m2s.

That said, the Esther, despite not looking too great itself does look better than the aune, and is way smaller :)

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #802 of 1,094
As long as I can slide it in my pocket and can be used for blind operation, it doesn't matter to me. I believe the Esther is as big as an iPhone 4 but a little thicker so that would be a perfect fit on an average jeans pocket. I'm just curious how some of our fellow headfiers are placing the M2S above the AK240SS and Plenue S and just below the LPG. For the price, it's really saying something. The M1Pro, on the other hand, lacks some exposure in the community. Hope it gets more public attention so we can see more reviews here and can help people like me on buying decisions. :)

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #803 of 1,094
As long as I can slide it in my pocket and can be used for blind operation, it doesn't matter to me. I believe the Esther is as big as an iPhone 4 but a little thicker so that would be a perfect fit on an average jeans pocket. I'm just curious how some of our fellow headfiers are placing the M2S above the AK240SS and Plenue S and just below the LPG. For the price, it's really saying something. The M1Pro, on the other hand, lacks some exposure in the community. Hope it gets more public attention so we can see more reviews here and can help people like me on buying decisions. :)

That's why I'm curious, I think the two versions of the M1pro would be a really close fight with the m2s

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #805 of 1,094
Has anyone here compared the M1/M1Pro against the Onkyo DP X1 and thebit Opus#1 before?

I don't think the Onkyo is a match. That said the Onkyo is a much more complete package :) it's a real bummer how bad the Onkyo single ended output is though. And the QC issues.

The opus sounds really nice to my ears. I think the opus is good competition, but again, much easier to use.

Purely from a sound perspective the m1 pro is better to my ears, but not by much. It's a very different sound though. The studio though is clearly better from a technical standpoint.

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #806 of 1,094
when is this studio version of the Pro coming out? any link?

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #808 of 1,094
okay sir. thanks.

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #809 of 1,094
more time spent with the m1pro (analogue) = more smiles. its truely a unique player.  the UI is occasionally strange (double screen split display as posted here a while back) + a few pauses and occasional crash - but generally it does the job and is acceptable.  Took about 2hours to scan my twin sd cards (about 100gb). But it starts up quick, and only takes a small while to get into said scanned music directory. Seems a quicker startup time compared to the calyxm from off to playing music in random play mode.  Form factor is fantastic agreed. Light, compact.  I am a bit underwhelmed by the buttons however, and the funny cover thing over the sd cards. The gold colour is more like champagne gold to me. Album art view as fullscreen is nice but the screen resolution aint the best ive seen. From a normal viewing distance its ok though. 

The sound seems to be opening up - improved bass and a bit less 'treble edge' than the 1st hour or so of listening. (call it brain burn in if you like).  Nice improvements over time. 

The biggest thing I can try to express is this: its extremely "musical"! Songs that i would have before skipped past - (some jazz that i dont listen to every day for example) - are more engaging as pieces of music. So yes I am hearing things ive not heard before (cliche sounding i know but true)....but also i am feeling the music often in a way ive not felt before. Its hard to put into words. I found the AK240 fantastic and very detailed on audition - but for me, slightly boring. This little gem of a player brings the music to life. And boy oh boy do instruments take on a new realism. Crazy real. Im very impressed by the sound coming out of this dap!

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #810 of 1,094

when is this studio version of the Pro coming out? any link?

It's currently not confirmed. Let me check and get back to you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Boys, 
Unfortunately, the studio version would not come out globally. As the version is customized for distributors.
frown.gif

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back