SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Jan 6, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #602 of 1,094
Do you buy something from Amazon? We just opened a seller account in Amazon. Here is the Link for 
M1PRO. 

I'm not from the US so I don't buy from Amazon. Can you do it via Aliexpress or Penonaudio? That would be great and more convenient to buyers like me who are from Asia.

Btw, saw the one from Amazon. Is there a gray version of the M1Pro. Champagne Gold is not for me.

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #603 of 1,094
Jan 6, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #605 of 1,094
It's just that the P1 seems not ideally pocketable specially for someone like me who wears jeans most of the time and the Rw/Play/Fwd buttons placed at the side could not be accessed quickly especially that I am using the leather cover that came with the player. It makes the buttons to "not protrude' for easy access. I don't know how to say it properly if you know what I mean. Just recently I discovered the BBE Headphone preset of the P1 and it sounds beautiful with any music I throw at it. Looking at the M1 dimensions and physical appearance, it's more elementary and simple in looks plus the sides are curved making it less intrusive when inside my pocket. The buttons are in front so that makes it easier for blind operation.

That's why I am asking a favor from you Nik, if you can compare the M1 to the P1 sound-wise before I ever finalize my decision. No way for me to audition gears sadly.
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #606 of 1,094
  It may be a lot of work for them in total, but I reckon with the following done, they'll have a kickass DAP, even if the UI stays relatively simple:

1. Neater case (using my example of how FiiO went from the X5 to X5II)
2. Power management fixes (as above).
3. More efficient UI showing 7 lines of browsing text, more info (eg: volume) at the very top.
4. 0.1 Ohm output impedance.
5. Optical digital output (maybe using a combo socket with the coax output).
6. Coax digital output pinout fixed to the common standard.
7. (New idea)  "IEM mode" with a lower power output and longer battery life when only IEMs are used. I'm not sure that the FPGA doesn't use most of the power in the design though, other than the screen.
8. M3U playlist support. The player should recognise song file paths in an M3U file, delimited by a forward-slash ("/"), relative to the location of the file.
9. CUE file support.

It's a big list, but I've tried to suggest as many things as possible that would require only minimal changes. Obviously some would require bigger hardware changes to be made.

Just the like the Plenue 1, it's 3ohm output impedance but it provides feature for earphone mode which kind of a low gain setting and a headphone mode for power hungry phones.

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #608 of 1,094
  I'm not from the US so I don't buy from Amazon. Can you do it via Aliexpress or Penonaudio? That would be great and more convenient to buyers like me who are from Asia.

Btw, saw the one from Amazon. Is there a gray version of the M1Pro. Champagne Gold is not for me.

Yes, M1PRO has Gray color. We haven't sell via Aliexpress at present. Do you know Chinease? If yes, you could buy it from our store in Taobao, Link. Actually, even with the shipping freight, the price in Taobao is cheaper than any other online stores.

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jan 6, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #609 of 1,094
@jrazmar: No plans to test out P1 any time soon, unfortunately. And to be clear, Esther does have Low, Medium, and High Gain modes. I really like that approach better than just offering only Low and High Gain. It really helps me fine tune the volume no matter what gear I use.

Either way is good for me as long as there are options. Still, looking forward to your P1 impressions in the future.

Yes, M1PRO has Gray color. We haven't sell via Aliexpress at present. Do you know Chinease? If yes, you could buy it from our store in Taobao, Link. Actually, even with the shipping freight, the price in Taobao is cheaper than any other online stores.

No Chinese for me. I like this. I'll try to use a page translator and see if I can purchase one from there. I can also ask a Chinese friend to translate it for me. CG looks way better at taobao than in Amazon but I still prefer the gray one.

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #610 of 1,094
@soundaware Does the M1Pro has an Analog and Vitality version? Or just M1Pro?

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #611 of 1,094

Either way is good for me as long as there are options. Still, looking forward to your P1 impressions in the future.

No Chinese for me. I like this. I'll try to use a page translator and see if I can purchase one from there. I can also ask a Chinese friend to translate it for me. CG looks way better at taobao than in Amazon but I still prefer the gray one.

I forgot to ask where you are located in.
here isthe  LINK of our distributor all around the world. You could check and find the store to buy our products. 

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jan 6, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #613 of 1,094
eek.gif
OMG! So many things we need to improve. 
tongue.gif

Some thing I want to explain or talk about to you guys:
1. As the heat dissipation when playing, we ended the plan to make the case. We are making the protection paster.
2. At the begining of the developing M1, our engineers found that the higher output impedance could decrease the bottom noise when playing. So the 10ohm is the lowest OI for the better sound quality. We are preparing to develop, try to decrease to be lowest OI as your suggestion.
3.As the thickness of M1 is limited, the Coax digital output pinout wasn't designed to be common standard.
4.About M3U, it need player to connect with the internet. I am not sure whether it's right?
5. It supports CUE files. Do you mean more other things? like what nmatheis said, gapless playing CUE?

Other things need to change the hardware, like the PCB circuit. At present, M1 could not changed.
We are newer in DAP market, lack of foresight or knowledge of users' need. We need more energy to develop better products with better software and functions. 

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #614 of 1,094
  I forgot to ask where you are located in.
here isthe  LINK of our distributor all around the world. You could check and find the store to buy our products. 

I have sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back