SOUNDAWARE A200 USA Tour. Streamer-Renderer-Headphone amp.
Jan 30, 2015 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

goodvibes

Headphoneus Supremus
I contacted Soundaware with interest about their upcoming DAPs and they asked if I'd like to arrange a USA tour on the A200 Streamer/Renderer - Headphone amp - Digital music player. It really does look like a useful music hub. I'm a much bigger fan of network streaming and native play than I am of USB DACs though I think the Hugo is good in that respect. Still think it's better with a proper SPdif in which this should supply.
smile.gif
 I don't know if I'm personally interested as I already have a very expensive home streaming setup but there's a lot to like here for the price. Proper High current low noise linear PS, leading edge digital circuitry, what should be great clocking and dig out along with a high current headphone amp designed to drive anything (unbalanced) out there. Lots to make it interesting but proof is in a listen and that's what we're going to do.
smile.gif

Soundaware is a sponsor here and there's an earlier announcement of their more high end version product built for better home systems. Here's some links. http://www.head-fi.org/t/741469/soundaware-a200s-introduction-and-specification http://www.soundaware.net/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=14&id=19 

The D200 were going to review here is headphone and digital out only. No line level and relatively inexpensive, it can currently be purchased for well under $1k from overseas online sellers.
I'll ask some of the well known posters here if they have an interest but if others want in, PM me. High post count, good trader feedback and/or previous reviewing is preferred. I'll make a list after I get it. I'd like to find its best use configurations to better choose who should review. For added fun, I'll include a stick with some HiDef files that I was there during the recording/mixing of. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 2
 won't be reviewing the the Soundaware A200 because I keep to headphone and portable here but I can say that their entry level streamer sounds sweet and undigital. After a bit of use, I consider it home source kit. If anyone wants to give it a review, contact me and I'll send it along. It's headphone out is intended for higher impedance cans. With an outboard amp or used as a source, it's quite competent.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back