sound stage verous detail & accurcey
Apr 16, 2002 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
Hypathacul hypothious:
Now inmagin that I take you to a large swerod pipe and put you in the middle of it. Now I get at one end and a beautifull girl gets at the other end. Now we both yell the same thing both at once to you. Now that is a large sound stage. Now we take you out of the pipe and stand next to you and say both at the same time the same think that we yelled at you in the pipe. Now stop thinking about that beautifull girl and pay attention. Now after you have heard both of these sanarealls which do you think sounds better. The large sound stage or the detailed and accurate sound?

Apr 16, 2002 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 8
Speaking of pipes...just kidding!

A soundstage is only as good as the space in which the recording originally "existed", whatever that means. I'll take accurate reproduction of natural timbre like a close miked tuba, oboe or bassoon over a fake exaggerated studio manufactured soundstage anyday.

But I'd also take a beautiful girl over both. Literally.

Apr 16, 2002 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 8
what does she look like?

well, I think it's a valid question!

rolleyes.gif
anyways, overall quality and sense of realsim over size of soundstage IMO. you can get some pretty wide soundstages with some headphones, but music isn't about soundstage. detail is more important, but still not the crux of the issue.

Apr 16, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
I hope they are twins

Good call, man!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2002 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 8
I'm not sure having two pipes to your ears with people yelling in them is going to cast an artificially large soundstage...

Apr 17, 2002 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by setmenu
Isn't that how Senns sound?
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Setmenu

No I was thinking about something else....I think veiled is the
word I was looking for.
very_evil_smiley.gif