Sound stage, imaging, seperation
Oct 16, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #16 of 22
With opamp rolling you just have to remove the OPA2134 chip and replace it with an LME49860. You can get an LME49860 from eBay.

I also forgot to post 2 reddit links that will help you a lot in my last post:-

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5rk667/fxaudio_dac_x6_gain_jumpers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5sw8ur/fxaudio_dac_x6_tinkering_part_2_opamps/

Give those a thorough read.

Hi again YJX94

Is this what I want from eBay?

I've attached an image.

Regards Ross

Attachments

• IMG_1425.PNG
    IMG_1425.PNG
    550.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #17 of 22
Hi again YJX94

Is this what I want from eBay?

I've attached an image.

Regards Ross
Hey Ross,

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the image you attached.

You can get in from Amazon and eBay depending on where you live.

Just search for LME48960NA and buy it from a highly rated/trusted seller.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #18 of 22
Hey Ross,

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the image you attached.

You can get in from Amazon and eBay depending on where you live.

Just search for LME48960NA and buy it from a highly rated/trusted seller.

That's ok YJX94
I bite the bullet earlier today.
I bought the x6, a optic cable,jack to jack extension, an adapter and the LME48960na. Got it from Shenzhenaudio for about £68 in all.

Only to be told by another on Reddit whose familiar with the X6 to get schist magni3!!

It's a cruel audiophile world!

I see that the chip is super easy to swap too.

I shall let you know my thoughts when it all arrives

Once again kind regards
Ross

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #19 of 22
That's ok YJX94
I bite the bullet earlier today.
I bought the x6, a optic cable,jack to jack extension, an adapter and the LME48960na. Got it from Shenzhenaudio for about £68 in all.

Only to be told by another on Reddit whose familiar with the X6 to get schist magni3!!

It's a cruel audiophile world!

I see that the chip is super easy to swap too.

I shall let you know my thoughts when it all arrives

Once again kind regards
Ross
The Magni 3 is definitely better in that it works right out of the box with no modding or anything required, it's plug and play and it's also more powerful than the X6.

The X6 is appealing though because it's an all-in-one with great features for such a low price and it has great bang for buck, mod it and it's an even better investment. It's great for someone who is just starting out as an Audiophile.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #20 of 22
The Magni 3 is definitely better in that it works right out of the box with no modding or anything required, it's plug and play and it's also more powerful than the X6.

The X6 is appealing though because it's an all-in-one with great features for such a low price and it has great bang for buck, mod it and it's an even better investment. It's great for someone who is just starting out as an Audiophile.

Kind words YJX94.

Like you say for someone who is just starting out and if I'm honest at times baffled by it all. I will see what experience I gain from the x6.

I feel ( and correct me if I'm wrong) both the shp9500 and the x6 are a strong starting block into the audiophile world

Regards
Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back