Sound slightly in the "left" of my brain. Software to test headphones?
Jan 14, 2022 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Moxie

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm new to the hobby and recently bought Sennheiser HD 600 and Aune x1s Pro to upgrade from Sennheiser HD 555! I notice that I'm slightly bothered by the sound even if I enjoy the detail. The sound is slightly louder in the left earpiece and I can't help but feel that it's displaced to best describe it. The headphones are new, and I've double checked that all cables are solidly pushed them in!
Additionally I've tried: updating drivers, disabling sound effects in the control panel "even if there were no active effects", test headphones in the headphone 3.5 mm jack in the computer and thru the Aune 6.5 mm.

How would you go about tackling this?

I would rather not shift the balance in Windows via a slider since it feels I'm messing with something that shouldn't be misaligned. I feel like I'm missing something or if I can download a software test (perhaps) I can see that it's just in my head and the headphones are really fine.

Thank you kindly!

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 5

plmon

100+ Head-Fier
Easiest way would be trying to wear the headphones backwards and see if the sound is still shifted on the same side.

Another way to test is try a mono channel sound track since it'll play the same thing on both sides.

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 5

Moxie

New Head-Fier
Backwards style they sound more balanced, or I'm crazy. It's not completely shifted to the right, but it feels better. I'll try with more music!

Thanks for the mono channel sound track advice plmon!

Users who are viewing this thread