sound recording editing software
Jun 17, 2010 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CooLy_oNE

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys..

i'm looking for a software to edit my guitar playing recording...as you guys know that the recording also pick up some background noise, some buzZZZzzzZzZzZ, some hiSsSsSSssSS, and so on..Is there a software that I can use to annihilate that low decibel background sound?

thanksssssss

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Audacity is free and comes with nearly 30 effects including noise reduction.

Try it out. let us know how you get on. Never used the noise reduction myself so I'd be interested to find out how good it is.

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Audacity is free and comes with nearly 30 effects including noise reduction.

Try it out. let us know how you get on. Never used the noise reduction myself so I'd be interested to find out how good it is.

I would've suggested it, but the Gate and Noise Reduction both don't work very well.

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Buzz n hiss are kinda normal, and it also depends on what rec. equipments you're using to recording with. Try messing around with the Compressor and/or EQ settings (I think Audacity have it included ???) that will help. A pop filter may help also

Jun 18, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #6 of 6
I would not say a buzz is normal at all....the hiss might be if you are using lower grade gear..etc.

What are you using to record your guitar?

You should try an get the cleanest signal you can instead of trying to fix it in the software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back