Sound quality: Zune HD or Samsung P2?
Dec 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Clincher09

500+ Head-Fier
I've really been considering swapping my Samsung P2 for the Zune HD. I'm not necessarily looking to upgrade, I just really like the Zune's UI. However, I was wondering if the Zune HD's sound quality comes close to the P2s. I know the Zune doesn't have a custom eq but my last Zune 30 sounded great. I'm willing to sacrifice a tiny bit of sound quality but if the Zune's doesn't even compare to the P2 then I won't buy it.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 3
I got the Zune HD for christmas, and as far as i can tel the sound quality is highly above average. I can't compare it to a Samsung P2 seeing as ive never heard (or seen) one. Other reviewers have said that the zune has even better sound than the touch, and the gui is amazingly well done. i got mine off of Newegg.com for $185 on sale for the holidays. its a great buy.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 3
I've tried both - the Zune's interface IMO is well above any Samsung player. Not sniping at Samsung (I myself have owned 3 Samsung DAPs), but the Zune HD truly has a remarkable GUI. In terms of sound quality, I'd have to give the Samsung a slight edge - Zunes are never known for their SQ, and the HD only marginally improves upon the older models (which had a fairly neutral, nice-sounding sound overall). But then again, there's a lot more you can do to improve on SQ than on interface..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back