Sound Quality: iPad 4 or Nexus 10 ?
May 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KINGX

New Head-Fier
Hi all..

I'm wondering which tablet packs the best audio quality for music listening, is it the iPad 4 or the nexus 10? and how much the sound quality differ between the two? i'll be using it with my audio technicha ath-a900x headphones. I'm leaning towards the nexus 10 mainly because it's cheaper and the high pixel density of the 2560x1600 screen but i wont pick it if the sound quality isn't all that great.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

[size=1em]  [/size]

May 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 5
I have a Nexus 7 that I am using the line out of the OEM dock. This runs into a Maverick TubeMagic D1+ DAC and then into a Little Dot MKIII and finally out to a set of AT WS99. For me, it is very simple to use MOG, etc. However there is a lot of static when the volume is low on the track. Like going between song, instead of silence I hear static.

If I use my iPhone, I do not hear the static. So I would recommend the iPad 4.

May 31, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #4 of 5
I'd say both are quite good. The Nexus has a Wolfson DAC, which is well regarded; I think the bigger factor should be whether you prefer iOS or Android. (The Nexus 7 has a Realtek DAC and is known to be quite poor - the Nexus 10 is much better)

See http://supercurio.project-voodoo.org/audio/nexus10/Nexus%2010%20Volume%2015_15.htm for measurements.

May 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for your input guys, i just ordered the nexus 10 
biggrin.gif
, i wasn't quite aware that the Nexus 10 has a Wolfson DAC, as far as OS goes i personally prefer Android over ios mainly because the customization and the freedom you get on android is allot more than ios and the gorgeous 2560x1600 display on the Nexus made it really hard not to order it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back