Sound in right ear of my 225s...
Mar 8, 2006 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mojorisin676

100+ Head-Fier
This is my set up Ipod 5g -> line out dock => acoustic research stereo mini to rca => Little Dot II => Grado SR-225's...the power cord is connected to an old radioshack surge protector/noise suppressor, and it is not this surge protector either I know because even before I moved the protector into my room the headphones have been doing the same thing..I keep hearing a crackling noise in the right ear that is very faint, almost distant it "cracks 1 sec silent, then crack crack crack..*over and over again only in the right ear. I have a laptop within I'd say 5 feet of the amp and the ipod, could this be causing my problem? I turn my cell phone off when I am near the computer and it still has the same problem, and I do not think any of my equipment is faulty because my speakers do the exact same thing when I plug them into the laptop sound card. Help!

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Check the amp's audio jack's soldering connection to the board. Could be a loose thing. This is just a wild guess though, so yeah.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 3
That could be a possibility, but why is it that even without an amp or anything, my speakers when hooked up to my laptop have the exact same problem? The 225s have the exact same problem as the speakers and they are not even using the same source or anything.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back