Sound dampening/isolating headphones for the office
Jun 12, 2014 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

anro

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I work in an office environment where there isn't a lot of people noise, generally, but lots of computer and fan noise.
I don't really care for noise-cancelling headphones because they make me dizzy (I tried a coworker's Bose QC 15 and felt dizzy).
IEMs are also out unless really comfy, since my ear canals tire from earplugs pretty quickly (I've tried those to focus at work too).

So I'm looking for stories or recommendations or anecdotal evidence for over-ear cans that are closed back and help cut down/isolate the background noise.
Comfort and sound isolation take precedence over audio quality, since I don't listen critically at work (that's not what they pay me for :wink: ).

Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 5
I see the M50 is rather popular, does it have decent sound isolation?
The NAD Viso HP50 looks like it might be a winner, but the price is a bit steep for my purposes.
Where do you get the Dolphin? It doesn't seem to be sold in the 'states.

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 5
I see the M50 is rather popular, does it have decent sound isolation?
The NAD Viso HP50 looks like it might be a winner, but the price is a bit steep for my purposes.
Where do you get the Dolphin? It doesn't seem to be sold in the 'states.

The m50 has really good isolation. You can find the dolphin at penonaudio

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Another option may be the polk audio buckle. The price on those have dropped a lot.
If you want something that is more neutral, check out the soundmagic hp100 and yamaha mt 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back