Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #31 of 66
Mmh I think the seller will give me a new shure Cable. If this problem is well know I could have it even with a new pair of se535. This are two monts old and are basically new. I've paid 195 € for them.

I've seen that when I found the right position the issue is not so serius. They sound and I can move my head without problem..

I didn't know that se535 had this problem

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #34 of 66
Make sure it's not your source. I had this problem and Shure replaced them, no questions asked. Then I also discovered that my Sansa Clip+ was cutting out (a documented issue). I've now replaced both and the problem is gone. I'll never know for sure if it was the earphones or the Clip that was causing the problem, or possibly both. Another thing I discovered is that the Shure Olives can often cause the sound to cut out when you put a headband around the earphones, but if I use the triple flanges this doesn't happen at all. I use a headband when I ride my bike to block a good portion of the wind noise, and for cold right now. Kinda sucks because I really like the Olives (who doesn't?) and the flanges can be a little painful over time.

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #35 of 66
I've tried them with my note 2, my ipod touch and my pc with a xfi hd audio card. I've noticed this issue with all theese sources. When I found the right position of the cable (I mean the correct angle of rotation) the headphones sound without problem. This issue is only of the right connector. Its seem that the right one is less attached then the left to the driver. When the connector is not properly positioned the driver stops sounding.

I should post some photoes :wink:

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #36 of 66
I've noticed something else. The right connector was not properly positioned over the driver. The two point and the R letters weren't aligned. Now I've rotate the cable in the correct position and the problem is less common!

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #39 of 66
Quote:
hey guys! With my new shure cable the problem is totally solved! Theese headphones are now really awesome!

Quote:
Thats good to hear!

yes I'm very happy :D

I've also tried to use the L size of the silicon tips discovering that bass is louder now and the mids are less forward. Sometimes with metal and similar music i had some headache with medium-high volume

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #40 of 66
I have also been playing with the silicone tips trying to see what fits best also what sounds best I am going to have to go back to the large tips and see what I think.

I used to use the small tips but then switched to the mediums and noticed the bass to be more punchy and have a tighter end.

Its crazy how the tips have such a influence on the sound signature.

I dont really like the comply tips I do but I hate how they tebd to get dirty fast and wear out quickly

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #42 of 66
Yes. These are the FIRST IEM's I found with perfect fit with any size and type of tips (except for the triple flange that is really too big). You can really try every tips and discover wich is the better :D

Before them I had a pair of MTPC with a tons of tips... all useless :O 

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #43 of 66
Simple cleaning of the connections helped btw. Look at what cleaned off connections.
a6a6ubus.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #44 of 66
I purchased a pair of SE215 and while they sounded fine on desktop scenarios whenever i walk around the city i had cut outs on the left earpiece.

Since i was well aware of the problem i returned them and i have written-off the whole Shure SE xx5 line.

Which is a shame since i love the Shure house sound. But dealing with design problems that will ruin my enjoyment and peace of mind is a no go.

I hope that on the 3rd revision of the SE line they go with Westone/JH like cable system. Rock solid.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #45 of 66
Quote:
I purchased a pair of SE215 and while they sounded fine on desktop scenarios whenever i walk around the city i had cut outs on the left earpiece.

Since i was well aware of the problem i returned them and i have written-off the whole Shure SE xx5 line.

Which is a shame since i love the Shure house sound. But dealing with design problems that will ruin my enjoyment and peace of mind is a no go.

I hope that on the 3rd revision of the SE line they go with Westone/JH like cable system. Rock solid.

i agree love the se535s sound but totally turned off by the cable design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back