Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s
Aug 11, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #16 of 66

Quote:
But there is also another problem: the sweat gets in the tube which the sound passes through, and obstructs it. So it apparently gets mute.
If anyone have any new idea on how to solve this issue, please post it.
Cheers,

That should not happen.  Your ears do not sweat and if you have a seal it will keep sweat out of the sound bore.  The only way this could happen is if you are taking out and putting back in while you are sweating.

I wear a headband to dramatically cut down on the amount of sweat pouring down my face.

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #17 of 66
Not just related to this thread but I find it a little weird that a very high percentage of complaints seem to come from users with less than 30 posts.

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #18 of 66
Yes Spyro, I do take it off and put it back while sweating. It's impossible not to do so, because the earphone keeps cuting out and that annoys me a lot!
Anyway, I think I'll have to buy another brand for working out... That's sad because the 535 sound quality is great!
Cheers

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #20 of 66

Quote:
Not just related to this thread but I find it a little weird that a very high percentage of complaints seem to come from users with less than 30 posts.

Elitist! Dude, you barely have over 200.

I have been listening to shures for the past 6 years. I only started looking on here a year ago, and post rarely, mostly read. My experience is no less valid than someone with a high post count.

Anyway, to have this happen twice in the past 3 months is ridiculous. I exercise a lot, so I guess this isn't the best earphone for me. Which sucks, because I love shure. My 530s had no problem with sweat. I guess this swivel connector doesn't like the sweat though, so I am going to have to come up with a new music solution for exercise.

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #22 of 66
I think Shure is a great company.  Have been to their Niles, IL headquarters a couple times on returns/related issues and have never had them question ANYTHING about a return.  I always got a new set no questions asked.

The Shure Headquarters  is MASSIVE!  but people should understand IEM's are a small percentage of their total sales.  I think I read 8% at one time.  6 story building about 1/2 a block square.  It's huge!

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #24 of 66
My right monitor (535) started to cut off and eventually died off completely. I thought it was a faulty monitor but when I switched the L and R cables the left side was cut off. I then bought a new cable and never had that problem again. Hope it helps.

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #27 of 66
Quote:
My right monitor (535) started to cut off and eventually died off completely. I thought it was a faulty monitor but when I switched the L and R cables the left side was cut off. I then bought a new cable and never had that problem again. Hope it helps.

Thank you. I've asked a new replacement cable to the seller. 

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #28 of 66
i love the shure 535 but the cable connection is a deal killer, i had the same issues with my bronze 535, the earpiece is slightly wiggle with the cable connected this allowed a intermediate short with music cutting in and out. the se535 sound great, but i wouldnt purchase them again based on the cable connection alone.

i also agree shure had a ton of issues with the se500\se530 line with the cable falling apart, they re engineer a new cable which is really durable, but then use a connector that seems to cause problems with shorts in the iems faster then the old cable falling apart.

i feel that shure should have addressed the cable problem and if they wanted a removeable cable, then they should have stuck with the pin design like westone,UE,JH and the likes........the connector is such a drawback that when i had my 535 i became fixated on the fact that my earphone ever so slightly moved it drove me NUTS.....

they sound amazing but fall very short when it comes to design.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #30 of 66
well IMO pointless, i used the stock cable from shure, the aftermarket silver dream cable, and the aftermarket baldur mk2 cable, and ALL 3 had this issue. basicly the ring around the connector if you look at it doesnt snap deep enough into the groove for the ring on the inside of the earphone. this allows for the play thus allowing for the music to cut in and out.

if you are asking do different cables make a difference sonically with the 535 and change the sound for the better, in my opinion it does. but it vastly depends on the cable, and the materials the cable are made of.......if you are asking will a new cable fix the issue....sadly no

like i said i literally became fixated on the fact that the cable wouldnt completely snap in and stay put, i know its a stupid thing to become fixated on however when spending that much money on earphones or iems i expect some better engineering. its a good idea for quick release cable however the pins are still a better design.

i love shure earphones but they could do better imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back