Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts?
Dec 14, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 348
Hi everyone. I don't see any real reviews out there for the X7. I have read probably 4 introductions that all say about the same thing. Nevertheless, I just built a new computer and hadn't bought a sound card  since it didn't fit with two 980GTX GPUs. So I was looking for a place to buy this X7 and found that it was only available on Amazon. They have it listed for the $399.99 price which is what they have been saying it would sell for. The only other place that was selling the X7 was the manufacturers site at creative.com. So what am I writing in to talk about?

CHECK THIS OUT! I went to the Creative site and put the X7 in my shopping cart. I went to check out and it gave me $120 off!! That's 30% off on a just released product! I was stoked. I'm hoping that perhaps any of you that are on the fence may read about this deal and jump on it. I think this is an outstanding price. Good luck!

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 348
  Hi everyone. I don't see any real reviews out there for the X7. I have read probably 4 introductions that all say about the same thing. Nevertheless, I just built a new computer and hadn't bought a sound card  since it didn't fit with two 980GTX GPUs. So I was looking for a place to buy this X7 and found that it was only available on Amazon. They have it listed for the $399.99 price which is what they have been saying it would sell for. The only other place that was selling the X7 was the manufacturers site at creative.com. So what am I writing in to talk about?

CHECK THIS OUT! I went to the Creative site and put the X7 in my shopping cart. I went to check out and it gave me $120 off!! That's 30% off on a just released product! I was stoked. I'm hoping that perhaps any of you that are on the fence may read about this deal and jump on it. I think this is an outstanding price. Good luck!

Thank you for the deal alert johnstac! I just ordered the X7 + E5 for my smartphone! It was a really good deal. $120 off from $400 mrsp on X7 and $60 off from $200 on E5...

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #7 of 348

...Sold.

I was strongly considering getting one anyway, but I was going to get it from Amazon.

Free shipping, but tax put it at $302.39. Still, I feel like $300 is roughly what I wanted to pay for this device. $400 was just a little steep for me.

This is basically what I've been looking for.

Here's a problem I have, though. I need two SPDIF in -- one for my PC and one for my TV -- and this only has one. What's the cleanest workaround?

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 348
Awesome, just got one as well.

Regarding SPDIF, pretty sure monoprice has some sort of manual switch you can use (I got one a few years back, not sure if there are any newer/better methods now)

Question regarding the X7, I noticed it had a usb port, can I use this to connect a Blue Yeti USB mic?

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #10 of 348
They fixed the deal, went to purchase and the HOHOHO3 Code (30% Off) no longer works 
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #11 of 348
Yeah they still advertise the coupon code but say it doesn't apply to the X7 as a new product. I wonder if it wasn't fixed when someone saw our orders. Sorry to people who missed out. I'm assuming they'll honor the price for extant orders.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #12 of 348
I am really sorry to hear that they changed that. I was hoping that they were actually doing something cool for Christmas. Mine shipped out today so I'm thankful for that. Oh well, there will be other deals I'm sure.

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 348
I ordered mine on Friday, received it yesterday. I gotta say I'm not impressed on SQ. It just doesn't right compared to Xonar Essence STX II. I will try out a different set of opamps tonight. Volume is either too loud for my IEM (I have to set volume to 10%) or too low for my 5.1 speakers (volume set to 100%). I own DN-2000 and Klipsch 5.1.

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #15 of 348
Just received mine.  Fulfilled by Amazon.  Headphone stand feels a little flimsy.  Putting it together now, but kind of confused as to which power cord I'm supposed to use.  I received 7 different cables, three of which are US cables... not sure which of the 3 to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back