Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Jun 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wgan

New Head-Fier
I couldn't find any solid review regarding this product, and wondering how does it perform anyway, especially compare to titanium hd version (which is internal), I'm gonna use it mainly for music, but also for gaming, movies and music/midi creation, any thoughts? thanks!

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 6
Titanium HD should be the better choice.

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 6
but considering premium HD is half the price (at least in the city I live), its quite tempting, I'm just curious why there are very few reviews of it, anyone's using it, pro and cons compare to TiHD?

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
But considering premium HD is half the price (at least in the city I live), its quite tempting, I'm just curious why there are very few reviews of it, anyone's using it, pro and cons compare to TiHD?

The USB sound card uses a newer, but lower quality audio processor then the T-HD.
I'm guessing the DAC is not as good as the one on the T-HD.
I'm guessing a lot of reviewers have little interest in the USB card.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
The USB sound card uses a newer, but lower quality audio processor then the T-HD.
I'm guessing the DAC is not as good as the one on the T-HD.
I'm guessing a lot of reviewers have little interest in the USB card.

Yes, this is essentially true, afaik. I was looking for reviews of the USB card too and good ones are hard to come by. You can always buy the less expensive version and listen to it. If you like the sound, don't worry about it. :)

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, I can tell you this right off the bat: the X-Fi HD USB (same device, different name) lacks the proper X-Fi DSP that the Titanium HD bears, so you're generally losing out on hardware-accelerated audio gaming features (and possibly ASIO support too, since it won't have Audio Creation Mode).

As for audio quality, that's something I'm not in the position to compare unless someone's willing to lend me an X-Fi HD USB for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back