Sound blaster audigy 2???
Sep 27, 2002 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Kryogen

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone got it? What about the sound?

I was waiting for something new from creative to upgrade, and it looks like the new best all around card, prolly getting one if it's good. Whatcha guys think? I listen 100% of my music on thew computer, so I'm sick of the 50$ live! sound.

Sep 27, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 13
Will cost 208$ CAN for the normal version, and about 315 something for the platinium.

Available in october, that's real soon.

If it really makes a difference from sound blaster live to this, on my grado sr125's, I'd move right away.

But 200$ IS expensive for a no frills regular sound card, so it's better be awesome

Sep 27, 2002 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 13
It's a 'no frills regular soundcard'? I thought Audigy is all about frills
confused.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 27, 2002 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 13
I have read on this forum that the Turtle Beach sound cards provide much better sound quality than the Creative cards do. I haven't heard a comparison though, so I can't tell you what I personally think. But you might want to run a search on this forum for what people have said in the past.

Sep 28, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Kryogen
The audigy 2 cards are not on the shelves right now, so I'll have to wait for the reviews prolly in 2 weeks or something..

but the wait for "quality" reviews might be much much later..

Sep 28, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 13
Please do not buy this card. This card has hardware encoded Windows Media 9.1 support. That means that it supports Pendilum(sp?) this is a processor for putting the lockdown on media and pretty much end the free internet as it stands. My suggestion is not support any products with this 'feature' It is things like this that will allow the RIAA to hack you.

Sep 28, 2002 at 11:12 AM Post #9 of 13
I heard a rumor that Videologic/Turtle Beach will be releasing a revised version of the SonicFury/SantaCruz card sometime in the near future, and I'm not talking the "dominator".

Might be interesting to see what it's like.

Sep 28, 2002 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
I heard a rumor that Videologic/Turtle Beach will be releasing a revised version of the SonicFury/SantaCruz card sometime in the near future, and I'm not talking the "dominator".

Might be interesting to see what it's like.

I've heard that rumor as well, which may be the cause of the TBSC being discounted like crazy. . .

Unless creative comes clean (ie good drivers, no online "lines" for drivers, good drivers, good sound(ie: no hiss, pops, hum), good drivers, compatibility with VIA, good drivers, oh, and good drivers.
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2002 at 8:21 PM Post #11 of 13
Yeah, creative has a pretty big uphill battle to win my confidence, along with that of pretty much everyone else's. So, lets place some bets. How many generations of creative soundcards will it take to have better sound quality than the current line of midiman cards, like the 24/96? I say atleast 3, as many as 5. Anyone else care to play?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 1, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #12 of 13
andrzejpw: Yup, good drivers would be desirable. But you didn't mention an installer that doesn't crash...
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Oct 2, 2002 at 9:03 AM Post #13 of 13
speaking of crappy creative drivers.. i spent half a day at work trying to install some buggy SBLive drivers in win 2000.

damn. its crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back