Sorry but i need recomendations
Aug 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nickman98

New Head-Fier
i posted in the big help forum, but only got one response. so heres what i typed plus i looked over the grado sr 225i

Well i have been doing a ton of reading already and my brain is numb. So im gonna be "that guy" and ask which headphone is best for me.

I will mainly be using these for music either on ipod or off my laptop, so mostly stationary, i have in ears for working out and such. I tend to listen to metal and rock mostly, but i do slip in some rap and techno from time to time. i know i dont want open headphone because i will be using them in the library or around other students who might not share my taste in music. Also i have come to the understanding to stay away from beats and skullcandy as they are mostly overpriced for what they do. i have been looking at Sennheiser HD 380 Pro at newegg. My price range is $200 but less would be ideal, haha. Hoping for good base and all around sound, so hopefully you guys can help me out.

thanks and sorry for posting a new thread but i need help....please....help....me...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 12
ATH-M50, ESW9, Klipsch Image ONE, DT770, HFI580.

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #6 of 12
After doing some reading on the suggestions i ended up going with the ath-m50's and with my wifes amazon prime i should have them on thursday. any idea on how long the burn in time with these will be?

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
After doing some reading on the suggestions i ended up going with the ath-m50's and with my wifes amazon prime i should have them on thursday. any idea on how long the burn in time with these will be?

None,

They're flat, neutral, boring. They'll sound good, but not energetic or lively. They're monitors. So just plug them in, listen. Make sure and bend the headband so that it doesn't clamp a headache into your skull. It's a very isolating headphone with that clamp, so make sure to be careful when your wife is talking.

Very best,

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:

Just got my pair today aaand it didn't meet my expectation. Must be because I did a sudden change from the MS1's to the M50's. 

If you're still new to all this, the M50's will be a blast :) 

Do hope you like them!

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

**SNIP**

It's a very isolating headphone with that clamp, so make sure to be careful when your wife is talking.

Very best,

i LOL'ed so hard at this, my manager went up to me. there goes another slip of paper. haha

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
None,

They're flat, neutral, boring. They'll sound good, but not energetic or lively. They're monitors. So just plug them in, listen. Make sure and bend the headband so that it doesn't clamp a headache into your skull. It's a very isolating headphone with that clamp, so make sure to be careful when your wife is talking.

Very best,

Head-fi probably needs more free marriage counsel. It's an expensive habit that often leads to leaving the house less and not being able to hear yourself being yelled at by your spouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back