sorry about your wallet origins?
Mar 18, 2006 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
Mar 18, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm not sure that that's the very first time "sorry about your wallet" was used, but I do remember several members lamenting the state of their wallets prior to that post. It was those statements that would have sparked the original "sorry about your wallet" reply.

Mar 18, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 4
doing a search this is the earliest reference that came up tough I will be damned if I can find it in the thread
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

It IS a must read thread though.........guess who had the last word and caused it to be LOCKED
icon10.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

not easy being me and having to live up to all that online history
tongue.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=wallet

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Actually, it was me -- it was in a private email to another member -- 2 channel -- and I repeated it here, because I thought it was funny. I also knew that as a catch-phrase, it was pretty good, and going to be extremely popular -- yes, I knew it was going to become the head-fi unofficial greeting.

I'll see if I can find the post.

Also, at some point since then, jude was interviewed by...Stereophile? I think it was?...and he went through the trouble of finding it out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back