Soon to arrive from Grado Labs...
Nov 11, 2002 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi Guys,

I just got news of a new ac powered RA-1 from Grado Labs. It will not work on battery but an ac adapter will hook up to the amp for use at home. Expect a price of around $425. It should be available before Christmas.

Todd

Nov 11, 2002 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 33
It's a nice idea for those of us who like to conserve batterys, but to be honest... battery power will inherently sounds better... unless you can also run it from batteries??

Nov 11, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 33
And the extra $75 would buy a top quality charger and some nice batteries. I wonder if it includes any improvements to the RA-1?

Nov 11, 2002 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
I wonder if it includes any improvements to the RA-1?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

wink.gif

ok,
erix

Nov 11, 2002 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by erix
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

wink.gif

ok,
erix

Are you amused by the idea that the RA-1 could possibly be improved, or by the idea that Grado would bother to improve it?
confused.gif
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 33
erix wrote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by daycart1
I wonder if it includes any improvements to the RA-1?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:;

Troublemaker!
wink.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
andrzejpw wrote:

Quote:

He's referring to the fact that we're upgrading a $20 circuit.
biggrin.gif

Don't you start, too.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 33
It's a $20 circuit?

Nov 11, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #11 of 33
Hey, i just don't want to be left in the dark. Its not going to affect any purchase of mine anyways. I'm happy with my amp.

Nov 12, 2002 at 12:03 AM Post #12 of 33
425.00 I mean I could buy two Max Out META42 for that price and put one in my bathroom and one in my car. LOL When are they going to stop. This is real money not play money.

Nov 12, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #14 of 33
andrzejpw
HI: No I have not heard the RA-1. So you made a good point there. I should not be posting on stuff I have not heard and will stop that right now. I just don't trust headroom any longer. So from this time on anything to do with them I will just not pay any attention to. I promise. I also will refrain from bad mouthing them. They just don't exist to me.

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #15 of 33
I'm not happy that Grado is going to AC power. Part of the reason the RA-1 is so good is that it is independent of the wall current, IMO.

If it sounds good through these headphones, and it does, it merits serious consideration.

port.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back