soo my Shure SE 215 arent as loud....
Aug 18, 2011 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cerealbox760

Head-Fier
Is there any way I can make them louder?  Maybe buying an amp? Or should just give up IEMs and buy me a pair of Headphones? Maybe its my laptops soundcard or something?         

My friends Klipsh s4 were louder than my SE215s but I tried them on his laptop. I kinda feel like buying those again but idk.. Help a nooblet out please...

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 3
First, make sure of the following things:

The detachable cable on the shures are plugged in right, detachble cables attached wrongly will result in a dramatic loss of volume

Your laptop is not capable of driving headphones with slighlty harder to drive iems specs louder

The loud volume you want is not going to damage your ears within 5 minutes

If you are sure of the following, get an amp. Purely for volume, the FiiO stuff should be enough.

Good luck 
atsmile.gif

Edit: I should really stop typing at 1am in the morning  LOL

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Personally, i do not own a pair of SE215's, but I own a pair of Klipsch Image S4's. A thing to note is that the S4's themselves are loud. Even with the volume at one bar on my iPhone, in a quiet environment, you will feel, "WOW! These sound kinda loud even though the volume is at one bar!" So yeah, maybe that is why you would feel that the SE215's sound softer than the S4's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back