Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
May 22, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #5,056 of 9,173
I'm still trying to decide what to do with these stands at the moment. paulchiu suggested a cool name for them calling them headphone shoes :) .. I think Headphone Kicks would be a cool name for them. Maybe if I can get them moulded and make them for various different headphones, it can turn it into a viable business. I've never done this before so it's quite daunting and patents cost so much money. I don't know yet, but I do enjoy designing, making things and I love headphone ... seems like a great combination.

May 22, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #5,057 of 9,173
  I'm still trying to decide what to do with these stands at the moment. paulchiu suggested a cool name for them calling them headphone shoes :) .. I think Headphone Kicks would be a cool name for them. Maybe if I can get them moulded and make them for various different headphones, it can turn it into a viable business. I've never done this before so it's quite daunting and patents cost so much money. I don't know yet, but I do enjoy designing, making things and I love headphone ... seems like a great combination.

How about calling them HeadPhootWear (trademark pending)

If you use that can I get a set?

May 23, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #5,058 of 9,173
Kick in the head... phone :wink:

May 23, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #5,060 of 9,173
On a serious note I like Headphone Kicks :)

May 23, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #5,061 of 9,173

That is a brilliant naming. 

And I think there will be a lot of demand as well since headphone stands sometimes can take a lot of spaces and etc.

May 23, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #5,062 of 9,173
The thing I like about joey99's design ishow the headphone sits in the base, the pads and headband aren't getting compressed which was something that bothered me about most other stands.

May 23, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #5,064 of 9,173

Good name, and if you do a kick starter, let us know....

May 23, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #5,065 of 9,173
+1 for Headphone Kicks, solid, solid name, and it has that trendy edge to it. I think you may have yourself a cool little enterprise starting. Let me know if you get a TH900 set of kicks going on. How stable are these in terms of sliding or tiping over?

May 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #5,066 of 9,173
Not sure if this is getting ahead of things, but I think a nice circular section or oval that can allow the cable to be coiled nicely would be a great addition to a design. Hard to know if this would work, but if it could, that might be a nice up-sell/add-on.

May 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #5,067 of 9,173
  Not sure if this is getting ahead of things, but I think a nice circular section or oval that can allow the cable to be coiled nicely would be a great addition to a design. Hard to know if this would work, but if it could, that might be a nice up-sell/add-on.

hmm, maybe some cutaways on the insides of the "Kick" or "shoes" to completely hide the point of the wires at the point of headphone to cable to give the headphone that "naked" look.  How about that Jason ?

May 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #5,068 of 9,173
Jason, if you haven't done it already, run don't walk and register the domain names for Headphonekicks as well as Trademark for the name. Let's just say I have good instincts in these matters and it will be well worth it to you. If you don't, somebody else will scoop the name. I would buy it and then sell it to you if I didn't like you!

May 23, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #5,069 of 9,173
How about "Down Under Headphone Stands"?

May 23, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #5,070 of 9,173
  Jason, if you haven't done it already, run don't walk and register the domain names for Headphonekicks as well as Trademark for the name. Let's just say I have good instincts in these matters and it will be well worth it to you. If you don't, somebody else will scoop the name. I would buy it and then sell it to you if I didn't like you!

This is really a good point. 

I know a lot of 'bad people' (understated here) who have done this to new born companies or individual business.

If you are getting into make it a 'thing' you should consider doing this in timely manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back