Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
May 27, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,801 of 5,804
Agree on the fit.

No problem with treble here.

Maybe a source related issue?

I mainly use sansa clip zip and i believe it is a good source for all kinds of earphones except headphone (harder to drive, low volume). I didnt say the treble is bad though, it reminds me of Yamaha eph-100. It isnt as bad as the flc8's or the Gr07 or the "used" xba-30 with nozzle filter removed.

May 27, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #1,802 of 5,804
Haha although I love my A3 this is a Z5 thread overall. 

Let's try to keep it on topic :)

Maybe someone or myself will make a new thread dedicated to the A3

May 28, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,803 of 5,804
  Haha although I love my A3 this is a Z5 thread overall. 

Let's try to keep it on topic :)

Maybe someone or myself will make a new thread dedicated to the A3

That would be awesome if you did that! There's no home for the A3, and the only area that's active for Sony IEM owner's is this thread. The H3 forum is dead.

I'd support it that's for sure.

May 28, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,805 of 5,804
Start a thread for it. It's free.
wink.gif

I'd rather take Cuiter up on his offer. I don't own them yet. :wink:

Thanks

May 28, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,807 of 5,804
I am tempted by the Z5...good synergy with my zx2. I should buy them... Not that I need another iem.

its on my to buy list also its not that expensive like the other crazy ones

May 28, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,808 of 5,804
Start a thread for it. It's free.
wink.gif

That would be awesome if you did that! There's no home for the A3, and the only area that's active for Sony IEM owner's is this thread. The H3 forum is dead.

I'd support it that's for sure.

I'd rather take Cuiter up on his offer. I don't own them yet. :wink:

Thanks

I'm going to have a video review as well as an in-depth written review on them and that's how I plan to start the new XBA-A3 Review/Appreciation thread!

Stay tuned guys :)

May 29, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #1,810 of 5,804
The Z5 are so darn comfortable and easy to take out and about. Took em out with me today and I had a great time with my tunes! They look really professional and looks classy as fuuuq. I got the occasional stare as they do seem weird to the average person, but I was too busy listening to tiesto's and Alesso's new album to care. Pure bliss 

I sometimes forget how comfy they are, they just kind of disappear after awhile . For all the shenanigans with the ****ty connectors (seriously what the hell sony, why downgrade from the EX1000?), they got the wire part down really good!

Haven't had as much time to listen to it lately but its gonna be get some lovin tmr 

May 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,811 of 5,804

How have you found them lying down in bed or on your side? As they do stick out alot? Also have you tried them yet on public transport re the vents and noise isolation? 

So I recently discovered that there's quite a fair amount of noise leak from the vents on these guys and now realize that many weird looks I've gotten on public transportation was because of that and not that they stick out kind of funny. I imagine there's been a couple of plane flights where I've really pissed off my neighbors too. 

Has anyone experimented with sealing the vents on these with like some dynamat or something?

May 29, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #1,812 of 5,804

So I recently discovered that there's quite a fair amount of noise leak from the vents on these guys and now realize that many weird looks I've gotten on public transportation was because of that and not that they stick out kind of funny. I imagine there's been a couple of plane flights where I've really pissed off my neighbors too. 

Has anyone experimented with sealing the vents on these with like some dynamat or something?

My bad, I got your messege wrong. Yes I agree one can hear a little bit of music coming from the Z5 and this will happen to many Iems with Dynamic Drivers. Even though I cant hear much with them in some sound does come out from the Drivers vent.

May 29, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,813 of 5,804

Not sure if it might be an isolated issue with your unit but mine doesn't leak sound when blasting it. It leaks a bit but about 10 or 20 cm from my face I can't hear it. I doubt they could hear it over the sound of public transport. Ymmv

May 29, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,814 of 5,804
I just took my pair and plugged the sound tube with my finger then cranked the volume to the max on my Audioengine D1 DAC and I could hardly hear the music. On public transit or walking down the street there is no way anyone would be able to hear it. Evene at my office I doubt anyone would notice the music.

May 29, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,815 of 5,804
I have several possible configs for the Z5 now, each one gifting a slightly different sound
  1. Custom Silicon Tips
  2. Spin fit tips
  3. Wide bore JVC Tips
  4. Stock tips and stock tips with foam hybrids
  5. Those red core tips that come with the havi b3 pro 1

It affects the sound noticeably to my ears and this is testing with music that I know very well. So getting a seal is very important :) Loving the hell out it. I will be getting a boutique amp next month which is supposed to be a beast when it comes to power so it will easily power Z5, can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back