Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
May 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,786 of 5,804
Hey All!

I'm looking to add another great iem to my collection. I currently have TripleFi 10 & GR07. My favorite music varies between Dubstep, Psy Trance, Vocal Trance to Classical and Jazz. My favorite areas of a sound signature are sub bass and sparkly highs with a pretty wide soundstage.

The Z5 is definitely out of my price range, but would the Sony XBA A3's be what I'm looking for?

So going back to your question, yes the A3 strengths are its sub bass and far reaching highs as well as a pretty decently wide soundstage. $300 is a very justified price for them, I havent heard the tf10s before but the A3 is definitely a worthy upgrade over the mighty gr07s.

May 26, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #1,787 of 5,804
Hey guys,

I bought a pair of z5's and noticed the left connector is a lot looser than the right side. Has anyone here bothered sending their loose pair back to Sony?

I have the a3's and their connectors are pretty secure compared to my z5's.

May 26, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,790 of 5,804
Hey guys,

I bought a pair of z5's and noticed the left connector is a lot looser than the right side. Has anyone here bothered sending their loose pair back to Sony?

I have the a3's and their connectors are pretty secure compared to my z5's.

I have the sony upgrade cables and both left and right have a little give to them, it doesn't affect the connection but doesn't inspire confidence either. I have yet to try and call sony about it though...

May 26, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,791 of 5,804
  Well I demoed the A3 many times and I like it so why not buy it. The Z5 and A3 both have their good traits

Looks amazing. Specs are amazing. Sound signature, from what I read seems perfect for Trance, Classical, Jazz.... I just don't get why the A3 isn't reviewed or talked about more.

May 26, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,793 of 5,804
  Ordered the A3. Hoping for the best!

True , I read nothing about them but I demoed them a couple of times and boy I had to have it.

Originally Posted by InnovatedMind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks amazing. Specs are amazing. Sound signature, from what I read seems perfect for Trance, Classical, Jazz.... I just don't get why the A3 isn't reviewed or talked about more.

Recieved my A3's today.

Wow.

dt880smile.png

May 26, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,796 of 5,804
I tried swapping the a3 cable with the z5 cable. The z5's still are pretty loose. It seems like the problem is with the earpieces themselves.

Those with loose z5's, do they produce some noise when you wear them on the go? My left connector makes a small jiggle noise when I move my head.

May 27, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,800 of 5,804
  and also below-average isolation. And I find the treble is a bit hot - has that emphasis on ts-ts sound.

True isolation or better say ease of fit is not the best but not the worst. Treble is not as harsh as the K10, IE800 nor the NT6. Maybe you need a different tip.

Agree on the fit.

No problem with treble here.

Maybe a source related issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back