Sony zx600/v55 size
Jul 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Darkwun

New Head-Fier
So i've just recently shipped off a pair Sennheiser HD25s not because of the awesome sound but mainly due to the impractical size and cable length when i'm on the go.

I've been looking around and i've decided on one of these as these both seem to meet the crossover of style and substance for me but the size of the cans is a factor. I'm aware the v55's fold up but can anybody give any sort of experience with the portability of these two, also if anyone has any hands on experience with these regarding sound quality that would be great too

Thanks

Jul 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 4
I have seen all three in real life. Though the new Sony's were in the packages. The Senn are 140 grams and the ZX600 are 170. The Sony are bigger slightly for the ZX600 and slightly more again with the V55 in size but the weight clocks in at a noticeable 220 grams. The cord length on the Sony's are the usual 4' so that is fine but no real edge in size otherwise to me.

A can with some style, good sound and really nice size is the Fischer Old Skool 33 1/3. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/589230/portable-headphone-fischer-audio-old-school-rpm-33-1-3-pics-neutral-portable-fun
Not sure how easy they are to find ATM though :)

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 4
I've only owned the ZX700. You can be certain that you are taking at least a good step down from the HD25 or Fischer with the new Sony's. How much drop you might be able to gauge. You can check Joker's portable headphone thread where the ZX700, HD25, and 33 1/3 are(and research other cans as well). Figure a score lower than the ZX700 for the little brother's.  At least you can guesstimate how good they should be and if it is good enough for you.

Maybe the new JVC S500 could be looked into as well. People like the new nanotech drivers so far. About the right time as they are supposed to be out tomorrow. Maybe worth looking into but they are brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back