Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Oct 14, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #3,752 of 9,535
Anyone is using z1r with z1 Walkman with Kimberly cables?

I have many other headphones and got the z1r as well, I will decide to keep the z1r ( too many headphones) or sell it

if there is a special magic of Zs I can keep it among Focal Utopia/Stellia

or just sell it because it is a closed box

Any toughts?

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #3,757 of 9,535
Just sold my HD800S and bought a new pair of Z1R's, so far i'm liking them but i need more time to formulate my thoughts. Immediately i can tell i prefer the comfort of the Z1R over the HD800S. My ears are a little bit hotter but hardly a big deal, the HD800S used to hurt the top of my head like crazy! The Z1R really feels like it is well built in comparison to the Senns and other cans i have owned. By the way is there no main thread for the Z1R, this was the only thread i could find because it looks like the official one has been locked since 2017? Anyway i'm really looking forward to hearing what these cans can do. Currently testing them out of my Oppo HA-1 will update more on my thoughts/impressions later! :)

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #3,758 of 9,535
Just sold my HD800S and bought a new pair of Z1R's, so far i'm liking them but i need more time to formulate my thoughts. Immediately i can tell i prefer the comfort of the Z1R over the HD800S. My ears are a little bit hotter but hardly a big deal, the HD800S used to hurt the top of my head like crazy! The Z1R really feels like it is well built in comparison to the Senns and other cans i have owned. By the way is there no main thread for the Z1R, this was the only thread i could find because it looks like the official one has been locked since 2017? Anyway i'm really looking forward to hearing what these cans can do. Currently testing them out of my Oppo HA-1 will update more on my thoughts/impressions later! :)

This is the main thread after several others were locked by the mods for bad behaviour

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #3,759 of 9,535
This is the main thread after several others were locked by the mods for bad behaviour
I think you might be onto something, maybe there is a correlation where Z1R owners are more likely to exhibit bad behavior. Could this be some effect that the sound signature of the Z1R is having upon us, perhaps the baseline is just too aggressive? Or the 10k treble spike is too blame? :astonished:

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #3,760 of 9,535
I think you might be onto something, maybe there is a correlation where Z1R owners are more likely to exhibit bad behavior. Could this be some effect that the sound signature of the Z1R is having upon us, perhaps the baseline is just too aggressive? Or the 10k treble spike is too blame? :astonished:

It is certainly a phone that seems to devide opinions more than many other phones, from many loving it to some having the opinion that it is the worst phone ever produced and if you like it you clearly have no idea how to listen

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #3,763 of 9,535
I decided to pull the trigger and get the z1r's and the ta-zh1es anyway despite the polarizing reviews since they both cost like 1.3k usd in Malaysia (and China for the amp). I'll say that the amp isn't as great as say, an audio-gd master 9 setup but the size and portability more than makes up for it since I wanted the setup in my office cubicle in the first place.
As for the headphones, they sound good to my ears, and that's all that matters. They are suitable with jpop and similar genres, sony probably tuned the headphones with their local songs xD.

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #3,764 of 9,535
I definitely think it does for many people. Not sure why though, Sony being mainstream and huge just means they have huge amounts of money to throw into developing a top end headphone.
They did get their reputation tarnished with the xperia and vaio line for lack of innovation. And the local sentiment here is that Sony is a thing of the past and the chinese brands are more capable now which isn't technically far off. But imo their tv, camera ,entertainment system and audio line still packs a punch.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #3,765 of 9,535
I decided to pull the trigger and get the z1r's and the ta-zh1es anyway despite the polarizing reviews since they both cost like 1.3k usd in Malaysia (and China for the amp). I'll say that the amp isn't as great as say, an audio-gd master 9 setup but the size and portability more than makes up for it since I wanted the setup in my office cubicle in the first place.
As for the headphones, they sound good to my ears, and that's all that matters. They are suitable with jpop and similar genres, sony probably tuned the headphones with their local songs xD.

hi there, i'm a malaysian too, how do i get that cheap ta-zh1es amp? pm me please?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back