Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Dec 3, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #901 of 9,535
As we do not have retailers in Germany that sell Sony headphones, I have no source for acessories. I would like to buy a Sony Kimber terminated into 4.4 mm balanced plug. Is ther a source that I could use?

You should be able to get that on Amazon UK and EU relatively easy. If not, Japan has 100’s of online guys that sell those cables

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Dec 3, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #902 of 9,535
As we do not have retailers in Germany that sell Sony headphones, I have no source for acessories. I would like to buy a Sony Kimber terminated into 4.4 mm balanced plug. Is ther a source that I could use?

I could try to ask at a local dealer, here in Spain, if there's a chance to get that cable for your Z1Rs.

Do please let me know if you're interested.

Cheers.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #903 of 9,535

Amazon bro. As far as I'm aware you can buy from Amazon US but would have to pay the extra shipping cost. I would chat with a rep and see what they can do for you.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #904 of 9,535
I could try to ask at a local dealer, here in Spain, if there's a chance to get that cable for your Z1Rs.

Do please let me know if you're interested.

Cheers.
Hi if that is possible, please check, thanks in advance.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #905 of 9,535
Just wanna say I ended up going with a FiiO X7 MKII, I've owned it for like 10 minutes so this is pretty premature but my god, with my generic test album of the moment (Kanye West - Life of Pablo, because it's a special album imho) it's night and day from my FiiO X5-III. It sounds incredible, even straight out the single end on the AMP3A, it's amazing. The soundstage, the low end. If I had doubts this was the best pair of headphones I owned I don't any more (mind you, I haven't tested any other headphones out of the new player yet). But damn, what an incredible headphone.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #906 of 9,535
Yes, I just love these headphones!

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #908 of 9,535
It's starting to feel like a crime that people might miss out on what I actually think might be good value headphones. If they cost as much as they do and weren't superlative I could understand the criticism but I'm beginning to feel like they're worth every penny. They're super well rounded and just so musical. I think the musicality is the bit that the analytical critique has misrepresented. Maybe the measurements demonstrate advantages of amplitude in areas that compliment the sound.

Whatever though, it's a shame people might miss out on a great headphone due to controversy, I'd urge doubters to give them a shot, they're special.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #909 of 9,535
It's starting to feel like a crime that people might miss out on what I actually think might be good value headphones. If they cost as much as they do and weren't superlative I could understand the criticism but I'm beginning to feel like they're worth every penny. They're super well rounded and just so musical. I think the musicality is the bit that the analytical critique has misrepresented. Maybe the measurements demonstrate advantages of amplitude in areas that compliment the sound.

Whatever though, it's a shame people might miss out on a great headphone due to controversy, I'd urge doubters to give them a shot, they're special.

me three
nice post - agreed VERY musical headphone. Who cares about the measurements.
My two channel system - the immensely respected Naim Audio - gets comments about lack of soundstage, imaging etc. but who cares - their musicality is the gold reference standard. That is why the brand is universally held in such high esteem

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #910 of 9,535
Not to mention that if referred to Jude's results these headphones aren't measured so poorly - fluent mids, controlled highs and fairly good distortions. Only that the bass is somewhat exaggerated, but I've already succeeded in decreasing it.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #911 of 9,535
Not to mention that if referred to Jude's results these headphones aren't measured so poorly - fluent mids, controlled highs and fairly good distortions. Only that the bass is somewhat exaggerated, but I've already succeeded in decreasing it.
I surrendered to the bass.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #912 of 9,535

As long as they sound good, that's all that matters, right? If you hear things that bother you, you are measuring them with your own ears and brain. That's all the equipment you need.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #914 of 9,535
Received my Z1R's, the build quality is just something. I dont find these at all that bassy tbh, but i've listened over an hour just so far.

First impressions? Certainly not jaw dropping, but its been like that with every headphone i have own, especially with 400i's, give some time and they sound wonderful.

Got my headphone upgrade itch sorted for now, but im tempted to try new amp/dac combo. What i have now is in my sig, any recommendations, something i can fund when selling what i own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back