1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony Z1R....listening impressions only

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Kcharng, Nov 4, 2016.
First

Back
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last
  1. Benno1988
    It's weird hey. It doesn't make me cringe or anything, just some songs sometimes, without doing critical listening, I go "that sounded off".

2. Divine Fang
    hi, will the leather on the z1r headband and earpads peel off over time?

3. nc8000 Contributor
    maybe but it hasen’t after 3 years of daily use for me

4. ervin192
    My headband has cracked, thus I discovered the part of it that covers the head is not made of genuine leather. I've only seen this situation happened on my pair, it shouldn't be common.
    The earpads are made of premium first layer skin they would endure very long time.

5. Benno1988
    1. Anyone got a good compact case for these things?

2. Any mods that people do? Or leave them as is?

3. Headband isn't replaceable it seems?

6. nc8000 Contributor

I use this case Slappa SL-HP-07 Accessory for storing Headphones/Headset/Headphones - Headphones (Universal, Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA), Black, Allen & Heath Xone 53 Audio Technica ATH-M50 Audio Technica athpro500mk2 AKG k845bt Beyerdynamic..., 1Lb, 209,5 x 127 x 241,3) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NE7B06/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_a9uYDbZTYRQYH

Have not done any modding other than using a differet cable.

The headband can be replaced

7. blockchainhero
    Nice, so do you have any complaints about that case? I assume it fits the Z1R quite well? Thanks.

8. nc8000 Contributor
    It fits very snug and you have to remove the cable to use the case but I have had no complaints so far using it.

9. blockchainhero
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I’ve been looking for an alternative to the big case.

10. Anaz
    1. I bought the Geekria UltraShell Headphone Case for Sony MDR-Z1R, Denon AH-D9200, ... from Amazon. The cutouts in the foam insert seem to be tailor made for the Z1R and it fits perfectly. The case is a little bulky IMO, but there is no stress on the headphone.

2. A lot of people recommend upgrading to a copper cable, but IMO let the Z!R burn in for 200 hrs before passing judgement

3. You can buy the part through authorized Sony dealers. (I recommend The Source AV if you're in the US)

Sp12er3 likes this.
  11. Benno1988
    Awesome, thanks for that.

Down in Australia, may never been a problem and need replacing. Who knows.

12. musickid
    Anaz how does the sony compare to your other two headphones?

13. Anaz
    IMO they're polar opposites to the point where if I start listening with one brand I won't change for the rest of the evening. The main difference for me is how they present the mid range - specifically male vocals and guitar. ...I listen to a lot of Blues and for it generally prefer the forward mid-range of the Focal house sound (with better treble as you go from Elex to Clear to Utopia) because it puts the guitar and male vocals front and center with the band in a line behind, whereas the Z1R has an enveloping (and wider) soundstage that has the guitar and male vocals further away and the band fanning out from there in a semi-circle around you. That being said, IMO the Z1R has a better bass and is more relaxed than the Focals making it very enjoyable for genres other than Blues. Variety is good :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  14. musickid
    thanks alot for your thoughts on the Z1R.

15. musickid
    edit

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
First

Back
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last