Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Feb 7, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #47 of 112
Is there another way to charge z1c? I tought the only charging input was the microusb

It has some pins for dock connection and will charge from the dock.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #49 of 112
the advantage of the dock is that you don't need to fiddle with the usb port cover

Yes, I believe I said that already :)

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #50 of 112
Yes, I believe I said that already
smily_headphones1.gif

you most certainly did, you'll have to excuse me, I'm a little sleep deprived, all that late night listening  
L3000.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #51 of 112
you most certainly did, you'll have to excuse me, I'm a little sleep deprived, all that late night listening  :L3000:

No worries at all, the smiley was to denote I didn't mean anything by it except to tease a little :)

Month old twins here, totally empathise with sleep deprivation.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #57 of 112
  what are you using at the ear end?

the Z1C just manages to power the Ultrasone Sig Pro unamped

i currently have a Sony XBA-H1 and Yamaha EPH-100. also have a Sennheiser IE 80 on the way. do you think any of them will be a problem? it's the impedance that i should be looking at correct? the H1 is 40ohms, while the EPH-100 and the IE 80 are both at 16ohms.

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #58 of 112
i currently have a Sony XBA-H1 and Yamaha EPH-100. also have a Sennheiser IE 80 on the way. do you think any of them will be a problem? it's the impedance that i should be looking at correct? the H1 is 40ohms, while the EPH-100 and the IE 80 are both at 16ohms.
my guess is you'll be fine
Keep us posted

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #59 of 112
Re: charging.
You can get aftermarket USB cables which use the "charging dock" pins on the side.

That is how I'm charging in the car. I only ever open the micro-USB cover when I need to move flac around :)

Volume is sufficient with my 1964 ears quad IEM and the Z1C. Loving the form factor and sound from this little thing.

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #60 of 112
I just bought this phone in australia from our largest carrier 'telstra' and i am sad to say that i love everything about this EXCEPT the sound!
Coming from the htc one x and my daily rig being the NWZ F808 paired with atrio m7s and a headstage amp i noticed that the Z1C not only lacks volume but also bass. The drums and bass lines play with little bass extension, there is virtually no energy in the bass notes with this device. I cant understand why, i haven't heard anything this ridiculous since, well ever. Ive checked all the settings and even used the my go to music app, Gonemad music player with all the equaliser settings adjusted to enhance the bass and volume, still, nothing... Its not just my device though just this model, i checked with all the demo devices at all my carriers stores and they all sound the same.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back