Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
May 6, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #1,939 of 2,298
Much appreciate guys for your advice:)I purchased N3AP from AccessoryJack. last one. Still on the way. I looking for balance cable for my N3.Anybody use a Sony Kimber Kable 4.4?Very good reputation for this company, used speaker cables.,quality and sound great. If it so how do you fill, is it comfortable if use over ear? Is it heavy? Your advice would be great. Thanks again:)

The Kimber cable is very nice but it is definitely heavy and stiff. Also, there are apparently fakes out there.

May 7, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #1,940 of 2,298
Hey guys, just received N3 from AJ, the shipment takes two days to get to Toronto, Canada via FedEx. The earphones were manufactured on March, 2021 so they are fresh :) . I Just left them to warm up with my ZX-300. They sound phenomenal right out of the box!

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    196 KB · Views: 0
May 9, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,941 of 2,298
Hey guys, just received N3 from AJ, the shipment takes two days to get to Toronto, Canada via FedEx. The earphones were manufactured on March, 2021 so they are fresh :) . I Just left them to warm up with my ZX-300. They sound phenomenal right out of the box!
and you paired them with the best tips for em, truly happy for you brother. the cp145 (IME) makes em sort of a 3d holographic thing. enjoy em

May 11, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #1,942 of 2,298
Awesome:) N3 Sounds very open with JVC Spiral Dot exactly:) And now I looking for balance cable, good quality and I prefer use over ear. How about SONY MUC-M12NB1 4.4mm? This is silver coated OFC, cause Sony Kimber no so comfortable for use over ear .Any suggestions for other brands? Accessory Jack offer Acoustune cables. Thanks in advance.

May 18, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #1,944 of 2,298
SONY MUC-M12NB1
Sony MUC-M12NB1 is a fine alternative to the Kimber, still the stock is thinner which works well with the IEMs size.

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #1,945 of 2,298
A bump for this thread! I've hardly used the N3s since I got them because well, the other two immense IEMs I have, but I'm starting to travel around town more and so using my N3s more. And frankly I'm struggling with tips. I had some generic wide bores (on the suggestion by @Redcarmoose ), that though sounded ok, were uncomfortable as hell. I tried Final E, but that muddled things too much. Currently on the clear Sony silicone that came with the Z1Rs and that is ok, but I'm not really satisfied.

I have some spinfits cp155, but they don't fit, I may give the cp145s a go. Anything else I should be trying?

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #1,946 of 2,298
A bump for this thread! I've hardly used the N3s since I got them because well, the other two immense IEMs I have, but I'm starting to travel around town more and so using my N3s more. And frankly I'm struggling with tips. I had some generic wide bores (on the suggestion by @Redcarmoose ), that though sounded ok, were uncomfortable as hell. I tried Final E, but that muddled things too much. Currently on the clear Sony silicone that came with the Z1Rs and that is ok, but I'm not really satisfied.

I have some spinfits cp155, but they don't fit, I may give the cp145s a go. Anything else I should be trying?
Elecom EHP-CAP20: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00SCDV9UC
Or
Radius Deep mount: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0756QMLKT

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #1,947 of 2,298

I like these ePro Horn Tips

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #1,949 of 2,298

Azla Xelastec or azla sedna earFit

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #1,950 of 2,298

I have tried spinfits cp100. they were good at the begninning but after about a month of use they wouldn't stay in place anymore, and eventually fell down and I lost them... too small? Maybe the cp145 are ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back