Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
May 28, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,366 of 2,298
Does anybody have a link to the balanced cable that can be delivered to the US? Im not being lazy but rather hesitant to buy a 3rd party cable that someone has not verified as working.
Here you go, not sure if it's the one you want exactly but that's the official one by Sony

May 28, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,368 of 2,298
The TS200 take a couple hours to break in as initially the treble does seem slightly duller. There is a sweat-spot that makes me keep buying the tips every month but I am hoping "tip technology" improves at Sony. The bass is superior with the TS200's however I listen all techno/bass music..

I wore the TS200 for several hours, and I still find the bass too prominent for my tastes.

But I can understand you like it given the genres you listen to. The bass really takes emphasys with the comply tips. It's not like the brightness is gone, anyways, it is still there, but the sound loses something I cannot quite pit my finger on it. Like going from semiopen to closed back headphones, maybe that's the only description that might fit my feelings.

I'm not discouraging anyone from trying it themselves, Comply tips are cheap enough to give them a try. Who knows, the added bass weight might be someone elses fetish.

Now I want to try Sony's own triple confort tips. The online page where I bought my N3s say in the description said tips are included, but all of mine are silicon tips.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #1,370 of 2,298
I wore the TS200 for several hours, and I still find the bass too prominent for my tastes.

But I can understand you like it given the genres you listen to. The bass really takes emphasys with the comply tips. It's not like the brightness is gone, anyways, it is still there, but the sound loses something I cannot quite pit my finger on it. Like going from semiopen to closed back headphones, maybe that's the only description that might fit my feelings.

I'm not discouraging anyone from trying it themselves, Comply tips are cheap enough to give them a try. Who knows, the added bass weight might be someone elses fetish.

Now I want to try Sony's own triple confort tips. The online page where I bought my N3s say in the description said tips are included, but all of mine are silicon tips.

Watch the 2:21 mark on this video, it shows the triple comfort in the package:

May 28, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #1,374 of 2,298
May 28, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #1,375 of 2,298

You are not wrong, it changes the sound signature slightly but its worth it sometimes for the tight mid-bass. I also use the meir crossfeed plugin at 10. I just ordered the balanced cable and a new set of T200, I will post back the results this week.

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #1,378 of 2,298
Picked up my 3rd set of N3 after amazon got them back in...always gravitate back to them. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #1,379 of 2,298
Picked up my 3rd set of N3 after amazon got them back in...always gravitate back to them. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
One of the best IEM in my experience, as long you have the right tips and sealed correctly inside the ear. I am sure that even my incoming final e5000 will not top this.

Jun 29, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #1,380 of 2,298
One of the best IEM in my experience, as long you have the right tips and sealed correctly inside the ear. I am sure that even my incoming final e5000 will not top this.

A shame it is so hard to come by Sony's triple conforts. I dropped one of mines in the street, and I ****ing searched the whole avenue to find it, and I did. Had it been a set of Complies or anything more common to find, I'd just buy a new set haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back