1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last
  1. freddystreet
    thanks =) but what does "wide bore" mean? cos someone in the feedback wrote: "I ordered one set of Symbio and one set of Wide bore tips for trial."

then someone else wrote: "beside the N, order the W type too."

which ones do i need for the N3 and what are the differences besides S M L ?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  2. jonathane40
    I think wide bore is for iem that have a wide nozzle like the N3. The Symbio W I got doesn’t fit on a narrow nozzle IEM like my Westone UM2.

Also, many people rave about the Symbio. However, for me they did not work that well. Again, I have learned that with Rios you have to just try them until you find the right ones for you. So don’t be disappointed if they don’t work that well for you. The foam underneath the silicon is not as soft as other foams so it get uncomfortable for me after a while. However, they have worked great for many other people!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  3. monsieurfromag3
    Cool! Never heard of such silicone/foam hybrids.
    Different nozzle diameters I’m afraid. With the CP-245 Spinfit pack adapters, little plastic cylinders that you put on smaller nozzles to make larger tips fit. Klipsch’s oval tips, some Comply and Spinfit work with smaller nozzles. RHA only work on larger nozzles.

4. freddystreet
    wow, this is an in-ear academy ;D never would have thought this subject matter is so complicated, haha =)
    and this is only the "tip" of the iceberg :D when u consider listening taste and all the different cables, tips and in-ears out there.

so how do i know about the nozzle size before i buy an in-ear? not that i probably would need another one besides the N3... btw, did anyone compare them to the Westone UM Pro 30 and RHA 20ti sound-wise?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  5. monsieurfromag3
    Tip of the iceberg! Ha :laughing:
    Finding out nozzle size beforehand is hard because it’s not usually part of the specs. You can use the compatibility tool on Comply’s website as a ballpark guide.

6. freddystreet
    I got the N3 and the t20i tip package now and sadly none of them give me a good seal. i tried the two biggest ones (silicone and foam - No 1 and 2 on the picture) and none is sufficient. When i pull the foam one out of my ears after 10min of usage it is at the maximum size still without any dents, that means to me
    that it is still too small. the only ones i ever got really tight bass seal with are the ones from the B&O Beoplay E8 wireless in-ears, but i lost one and cant find them on the B&O website and wonder if you can get them from a generic brand. i need loads cos they pop off so easily and are gone.

I attached pictures. Maybe you guys can help. The black one on the right is the "good" one from B&O, which has a 15mm diameter. So i guess i need the biggest ones on the market ;D any ideas? also they are more cone shaped rather than round, like the others.

20180817_130644.jpg 20180817_131051.jpg

7. bakanecko
    Ah we have the same ear tips preference, i also have the same problem with isolation as my head position change the isolation also changes. The right one, the mushroom cap shaped one, i've got that plenty from Fiio's either from Fiio f5 or f9 pro i don't remember and also from Simgot. In my area thare are also a lot of no brand tips that shaped like that, I've also found that Spinfit medium fit really well with my ear canal.

8. bakanecko
    Still rocking xba-n3 after all these years even after i've crown akg-40 as my fave iem. Matched with Ibasso dx150 balanced connection, the n3 sound really really great, the bass changed into sub-bass kind of xba-a3 like and the mid is more pronounced.

9. Redcarmoose
    @https://www.head-fi.org/members/freddystreet.495794/

CC51E608-1014-43CA-A509-0F43DA8F7541.jpeg 018C2825-D461-43F1-BF1A-27F219BBA1C6.jpeg

When you get your RHA 20Ti try the largest size of double flange tips in the package. I have large ear canals and they make the N3 a dream. It’s ironic how well the RHA double flange tips fit the form of the N3?

If that doesn’t work explore large SpinFit tips; they have a long length which somehow works.

10. bakanecko
    agreed with RHA large double flange one, tried similar setup before and it's working out, Spinfit double flange also working out nicely and both of them changed the sound to become my liking, but yeah the spinfit double flange thing is penetrating rather deep, felt violated lol.

11. freddystreet
    haha, this thread is unexpectedly funny ;D
    i tried the double barrel i mean double flange but the "bottom" is just not wide enough, and as baka said, they just go too deep. they might awaken a balrog in there.
    i think i need my ear tips like my girls, just the widest bottom available on the market

12. Redcarmoose
    Ya....I was talking about the regular large “blue” SpinFit tips.

13. Redcarmoose
    Well good news for you is no matter what keep your N3 IEMs; as Sony is coming out with larger sizes of the rare Triple Comfort Tip. It may not surface until November but they will be in six sizes with one larger size.

You have Triple Comforts which came with your N3, so just imagine one size bigger. Though they may be tough to find, just check Ebay in November.

By the way be advised, you can sell your collection of smaller/unusable Triple Comfort tips for a pretty penny here in the for-sale section or on-line.
    Cheers!

14. monsieurfromag3
    The worst for me is with double-flange Spinfit, these bastards insert super deep and tickle my inner ear, especially when I move my head it’s like someone is cheekily agitating a feather in there :hear_no_evil:

15. Redcarmoose
    DBBAB0EA-6D53-45ED-B2CF-F7922D3E42D8.jpeg

This N3 business is serious; don’t Meddle around.

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last