Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Aug 30, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #841 of 2,298
The source will matter ? Thats just a excuse for you lol I tested multiple different cables from different sources and there is no noteable differences, also saying something like pure silver sounds brighter is complete bs, measurments show that there no differences in treble! I obvsly cannot change you but please test without knowing what u use, you will not notice a differences, at that point you just waste money! I tried multiple different sources from stuff like a Schiit stack too really expensive stuff like the Sennheiser amps and there was never a differences in terms of sound colored by cables
You obviously want to shove your belief down my throat, and that's your prerogative. I have at this point only talked about my experiences and have not denied your findings. Please be a little more civilized and use more lols and less commas. I believe what I hear and if you still want to use exclamation marks to drive your point home then go ahead.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #842 of 2,298
You obviously want to shove your belief down my throat, and that's your prerogative. I have at this point only talked about my experiences and have not denied your findings. Please be a little more civilized and use more lols and less commas. I believe what I hear and if you still want to use exclamation marks to drive your point home then go ahead.
You are right I should have been more civilized, I just get angry when I see people that believe in expensive cables changing the sound.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #843 of 2,298
No comment on sound changing from my site. I tested multiple cables and they sound the same to my ears, also I measured multiple and they show the same graphs. Try double blind testing with a different person, I bet you can not tell a difference !!!

Measurement does not tell everything, It has been proven that tonal difference cannot be measured without every sophisticated equipment (which I doubt you have). The oldest way for decades to show off different audio equipments was to setup 2 identical audio system with a 32 band equalizer with pink noise generator with different speakers. Use pink noise generator to get both speakers set is producing a flat curve and then you play the same source thru them and switch between the 2 speakers set and you can always tell the tonal difference. Same method is used to show the difference between cables, speaker wires, etc while using the same speakers.

Cable material and arrangement can make a noticeable difference, reduce crosstalk/interference. I have used a wide range of cable on many IEMs and they will provide everything from wider/bigger soundstage, better details in high, warmer vocals and punchier bass. If you can't hear the difference, maybe you should have your ears checked ;-P

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #844 of 2,298
maybe you should have your ears checked ;-P
Can only give that back. Everytime people cannot argue anymore about this will be said. I am 17 years old and can properly hear everything between 20hz-21000hz. If you dont believer I can show multiple test results. Cables do not make a differences if they are properly made and pretty much everything that comes with over 50€ headphones is properly made

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #845 of 2,298
Can only give that back. Everytime people cannot argue anymore about this will be said. I am 17 years old and can properly hear everything between 20hz-21000hz. If you dont believer I can show multiple test results. Cables do not make a differences if they are properly made and pretty much everything that comes with over 50€ headphones is properly made

I've been playing with hifi equipment over twice as long as you've been alive, so don't think you know everything. You're hanging out at the wrong forum if you don't think cables matter.

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #847 of 2,298
I never said cables dont matter, but Cables that cost 100 or more euros and claim to sound better are bs

But the point is that they do sound better and cable pricing is based on market condition and what people is willing to pay. Sure, I can probably build a Kimber cable for $50 as I'm in the electronics field and have access to better cable and connectors easily. But time is money and my professional time is worth over $300 an hour so spending an hour online to order all the stuff and then more time to build the cable myself is just not worth it. At your age, you probably feel that you have more time than money but as you get older and more successful in life, that changes.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #848 of 2,298
I've been playing with hifi equipment over twice as long as you've been alive, so don't think you know everything. You're hanging out at the wrong forum if you don't think cables matter.
I am 39, and I am agree with Bepli, cable does not matters, if they not cheap as 0.1 centos.

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #849 of 2,298
Regardless of sonics, the stock cable is not great ergonomically IMO... a little too light, stiff and kink-prone, not up to my expectations for a $300 earphone. Actually the ex1000 and xb90ex came with flimsy cables too, so maybe this is kind of a Sony trademark :p

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #851 of 2,298
To the ones claiming that cables can significantly improve/change the sound quality, did you do a blind test?
I'm thinking of getting the muc m12 sm2 for my N1APs, not to improve the sound quality though, just in case the stock cable stops working properly

Sep 1, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #853 of 2,298
To the ones claiming that cables can significantly improve/change the sound quality, did you do a blind test?
I'm thinking of getting the muc m12 sm2 for my N1APs, not to improve the sound quality though, just in case the stock cable stops working properly
if you dont abuse the cable in anyway it will keep working no problem. also you dont need to buy a extra expensive cable, I can send 2 brand new stock ones if you pay shipping. Sony send me 2 since I had an factory error with one

Sep 1, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #855 of 2,298

No one said anything about significant, just noticeable. I have upgrade cable for my N3,A3 and Z5 ranging from MUC-M12SM2 to MUC-M20BL1 to MUC-M12SB1 and the amount of improvement varies, From the 4K peak on the A3 being a bit tamer to the recessed mid on the Z5 being brought back forward to soundstage being wider/bigger/more airy. How much will you be paying for the MUC-M12SM2. I consider it a bargain if you can get it from Amazon Japan for 8806 yen and reasonable shipping (cost me less than US$10). It all depends on what you can afford and what you expect from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back