Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Aug 2, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #781 of 2,298
Before purchasing JVC tips decided to try default sennheiser momentum in ear tips. I've purchased extra tips for that model some time ago.

It seems that I have most comfortable fit with them.
Will try them for a few days and then I will share my impressions.

Update: I don't like how N3AP sounds with these tips. Would not recommend to use them.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #782 of 2,298
These JVC tips look interesting... I've also ordered a pair in size M. Until now, the best fit and SQ come from the triple comfort tips (size S) delivered with the N3AP

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #783 of 2,298
Decided not to purchase this JVC tips. Price is too high... there is no guarantee they will fit me.

Maybe I'll sell this earphones if they will not fit me in the end.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #784 of 2,298
Decided not to purchase this JVC tips. Price is too high... there is no guarantee they will fit me.

Maybe I'll sell this earphones if they will not fit me in the end.

It would be sad to sell them... but a good fit and a sensation of comforf are very important, maybe as important as SQ itself actually. On the other hand, the JVC tips cost USD 13.- on Amazon. If they don't suit you, you may try to sell them and get maybe 60-70% of your investment in return.

Our hobby is expensive, but one of the best :)

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #785 of 2,298
It would be sad to sell them... but a good fit and a sensation of comforf are very important, maybe as important as SQ itself actually. On the other hand, the JVC tips cost USD 13.- on Amazon. If they don't suit you, you may try to sell them and get maybe 60-70% of your investment in return.
Our hobby is expensive, but one of the best :)

So far i noticed that L size of default tips feels the most comfortable.

P.S. after using the spinfit i noticed that i dont like the silicon tips. I think this material is not as good for sound isolation as used in regular tips.

P.S.S in the end i've ordered JVC ML :) Will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #786 of 2,298
So far i noticed that L size of default tips feels the most comfortable.

P.S. after using the spinfit i noticed that i dont like the silicon tips. I think this material is not as good for sound isolation as used in regular tips.

P.S.S in the end i've ordered JVC ML :) Will see how it goes.

The SpinFit is not an isolation tip, it just offers easy fit and comfort with good tonal quality. Usually only the ones that have foam fills will offer isolation. Good luck with the JVC. What does you not like about the Sony Triple Comfort?

Aug 3, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #788 of 2,298
They are easily fell off my ears
I found them to need a break in time - first 2 months I had the N3 I tried the triple comfort and couldn't get a seal, they slid out of my ears. Kept trying them every few weeks, and one day after a shower - my ears were probably damp - they sealed perfectly. Kept using them after that, and the surface of the rubber kind of roughed up a bit. Now they seal better than anything.
They still take a little longer to insert, need to twist them into place a bit, but so worth it - excellent isolation, very comfortable, can wear for hours, and the sound is terrific as well.
Just my experience with them, think they're the best tips I've ever used now that I've got used to them.

Aug 4, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #790 of 2,298
They are easily fell off my ears ... i don't like foam tips
I too used to dislike the triple hybrid. It always seemed to fall out my ears too and after using it for a long time it seems to fit better now. I guess those triple hybdrids need "breaking in" for the foam to settle in :dt880smile:

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #791 of 2,298
Wow, that's pretty surprising as it takes a bit of force to bend the tip but good luck with the new cable.
Thanks! Yeah I too was dumbfounded when I took a closer look. Not sure of the cause, but I must admit, I am very clumsy at times!. Yes, I am getting very antsy for the cable to come in, hopefully they will be here next week.

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #792 of 2,298
http://amzn.to/2f8ZRM6

I also like they offer 1/2 sizes, the SM and the ML. I am awkwardly between an M and an L and both ears fits differently. I took a risk on the ML and the fit was better than the spinfit and the original tips.

The bass on these tips will be more prominent than the spinfit. Soundstage is also much wider than spinfits. I also like they fact that they don't kill the highs like the Comply tips does.

Wow, interesting. I do have a set of the small spiral tips somewhere, guess I have to dig them up. I'm looking to improve my soundstage. To be honest, I've been lucky with the stock tips as they are a great fit for me.

Aug 5, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #794 of 2,298
Ok I had my time with the N3AP and I am really impressed. The pair I had before where the Shure SE215 and they are really bad compared now.
First I was not really impressed with the N3AP but after listening like 2 straight weeks with them I dont wanna go back! I tried using the Shure SE215 now but they just sound muffled compared.
The Bass and the Treble is so much better on the N3AP. The bass more refined and the treble is finally there. The Shure has no treble compared but the N3AP is not treble heavy either.
The mids are really nice too and the N3AP are made for every music genre. Can only recommend to take a listen!

Also the MUC-M12SM2 cable from Sony is a nice upgrade comared to the stock one. It feels really nice and is very nice built. In terms of Sound I dont wanna go into since I dont believe in expensive cables.
If you want a really nice cable just buy one they go for like 70 € which is the same price as a custom built one!

Aug 5, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #795 of 2,298
Ok I had my time with the N3AP and I am really impressed. The pair I had before where the Shure SE215 and they are really bad compared now.
First I was not really impressed with the N3AP but after listening like 2 straight weeks with them I dont wanna go back! I tried using the Shure SE215 now but they just sound muffled compared.
The Bass and the Treble is so much better on the N3AP. The bass more refined and the treble is finally there. The Shure has no treble compared but the N3AP is not treble heavy either.
The mids are really nice too and the N3AP are made for every music genre. Can only recommend to take a listen!

Also the MUC-M12SM2 cable from Sony is a nice upgrade comared to the stock one. It feels really nice and is very nice built. In terms of Sound I dont wanna go into since I dont believe in expensive cables.
If you want a really nice cable just buy one they go for like 70 € which is the same price as a custom built one!

Yea, the N3 is more in the rank of the Shure 535 and the characteristic is more to my taste than the 535.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back