SONY XBA-H3. To buy or not to buy?
Sep 22, 2018 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Koustav Pal

New Head-Fier
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I've been following the community for a while now.

So I have the opportunity to buy the Sony XBA-H3 for 150 EUR. After reading the reviews of its newer kin, I have come to understand that the H3s are more exciting than the N3APs that supersedes them.

Please note, I know that they are used, but am not able to judge if it is mint or with a few scuffs and scratches. Link is here. https://www.ebay.it/itm/Sony-XBA-H3-HI-RES/153150726847?hash=item23a87ea2bf:g:SSkAAOSwwNtbft8X

Taking into consideration the year these IEMs came out (2014) what would you suggest? Please also consider that I am getting the Sony WI-1000Xs in a few weeks anyways.

Would you get these IEMs alongside the WI-1000Xs? If so, why?

Also is there a comparable pair of IEMs at that price range?

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 2
I just picked up the XBA-A3, which is essentially a more refined version of the H3 and similar to the past Sony IEM flagship the XBA-Z5.

Both A3 and H3 are going to have exaggerated low end. They are very good if you are fine with this. Personally, I prefer something with a flatter tuning. Etymotic HF5 or ER4 series, older Sony MDR-7550 / mdr-ex800st. Vsonic gr07.

Maybe wait until you get your 1000x to see if you are missing anything sonically or from a functionality standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back