Sony XBA H3 - Sony XBA A3
Sep 3, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #17 of 56
  So what i understood is that A3 have a wider Sound stage, & better bass than A2, what about the ergonomics considering i wear eyeglasses?

Well, A3 is like Z5, and I have no problem wearing my Z5 with glasses or sunglasses. The ear guides do get in the way sometimes, but they're still pretty comfortable worn like that.

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #18 of 56
I do prefer My A3 vs my ex-XBA-H3 (now being sold), bass is yes strong and kick hard on the A3 but is not Boomy at all, has better trebble and mid details than H3 also and yep i do agree with big soundstage (this after a few burn-in Hours, got them friday night and used yesterday for 4 hours)

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 56
  So what i understood is that A3 have a wider Sound stage, & better bass than A2, what about the ergonomics considering i wear eyeglasses?

Love the way they fit. I wear thick-framed Asian glasses and they never feel like they are going to fall out.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #20 of 56
I just received my A3's last week.  Fit with glasses is great.  On some earphones, I go back and forth between having my glasses rest on top of or under the wires.  With the A3's the guides are naturally at an angle where the wires tend to lay towards the sides of the frames -- kind of hard to explain.  The memory wire is extremely supple which allows a great fit but requires frequent fiddling before wearing them; not really as much of a hassle as it may sound.

Now I just need to figure out whether to keep the A3 or Fidue A83's.  A3's are more comfortable.  Bass and sub bass are exquisite on the A3.  Bass is good on A83, maybe a tad faster than A3, but the A3 feels like more extended without sounding sloppy.  Highs are smoother on A3, the A83's have a brighter treble but never sibilant.  Though on some songs, its close.  I find that I can listen to the A3's for a longer period of time, less fatiguing.  Sound stage is close, as both have pretty wide sound stages for in ears, but a slight nod for larger sound stage goes to the A3.  The A83 sounds a bit more detailed because of the way upper mids and highs are presented but the A3 is by no means less resolving, just different in presentation.  

Is anyone else excited about how these 3 way hybrids are sounding? 

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #21 of 56
  I just received my A3's last week.  Fit with glasses is great.  On some earphones, I go back and forth between having my glasses rest on top of or under the wires.  With the A3's the guides are naturally at an angle where the wires tend to lay towards the sides of the frames -- kind of hard to explain.  The memory wire is extremely supple which allows a great fit but requires frequent fiddling before wearing them; not really as much of a hassle as it may sound.

Now I just need to figure out whether to keep the A3 or Fidue A83's.  A3's are more comfortable.  Bass and sub bass are exquisite on the A3.  Bass is good on A83, maybe a tad faster than A3, but the A3 feels like more extended without sounding sloppy.  Highs are smoother on A3, the A83's have a brighter treble but never sibilant.  Though on some songs, its close.  I find that I can listen to the A3's for a longer period of time, less fatiguing.  Sound stage is close, as both have pretty wide sound stages for in ears, but a slight nod for larger sound stage goes to the A3.  The A83 sounds a bit more detailed because of the way upper mids and highs are presented but the A3 is by no means less resolving, just different in presentation.  

Is anyone else excited about how these 3 way hybrids are sounding? 

O_o i tought fidues sounded not as good as the A3 (in my case XBA-H3 were a mess compared to my A3) I love the soundstage of my A3 so huge, lsitening to Brandenburgo concerto BWV 1050a (alternative version) the details of the reverb of the hall are impressive, and the size it gives to the soundstage O_O

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #22 of 56
Yes, agreed.  The soundstage on the A3 are the most impressive I've heard in an IEM.  Does any one know if what other IEM's come close/rival the soundstage of the A3?

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 56
  Yes, agreed.  The soundstage on the A3 are the most impressive I've heard in an IEM.  Does any one know if what other IEM's come close/rival the soundstage of the A3?

maybe customs

But add a walkman ZX100 or zx2 or zx1 and you will be woo'ed Love that combo of zx100 + XBA-A3

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #25 of 56
In the context of this discussion, does anybody have an opinion how H3 the A3 compare to XBA-30? I love my XBA-30 but am curious which of these two have a similar signature but eventually better clarity and separation in depth keeping the same relaxed sound. Or maybe I should look at RE-600 for what I'm asking.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #26 of 56
Wish i had my XBA-H3 to see how they sound on a player of the NW-ZX series namely zx100 and zx2

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #27 of 56
It's a shame these IEMS aren't that well known in the States due to being a japanese import. They're incredible, especially if you can get them for around $240 bran new 

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #28 of 56
  It's a shame these IEMS aren't that well known in the States due to being a japanese import. They're incredible, especially if you can get them for around $240 bran new 

I dared to import my XBA-A3 from japan using amazon USA and never got any imprt tax, so again dared to import the upgrade cable from sony

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #29 of 56
I just picked up a set and these are amazing!

Do any of you have a suggestion for replacement cables? The stock one is a little flimsy and I'm not sure I like the memory wire

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #30 of 56
  I just picked up a set and these are amazing!

Do any of you have a suggestion for replacement cables? The stock one is a little flimsy and I'm not sure I like the memory wire

The replacement (upgrade) cable ist super, I love it, the SQ  improves more clarity, tight bass and wider soundstage, more air between instruments... also is thicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back